11 weeks to Fabulousness!

Options
Hi, my name is Shahlah and 10 months ago I made the decision to live a healthier lifestyle and get this weight off once and for all! I'm a mom of 4 kiddo's and a wife to a pretty awesome husband. LOL My highest weight was 337 lbs. I'm currently 279 lbs and stand at we'll say 5'8" So, I've been through being laid off in May and a tumultuous summer of one thing after another and still mustered up the energy to continue working out and even found my inner runner, like, who knew? I managed to lose 55.6 lbs thus far and even blasted through a plateau that I thought I would NEVER get through! My mind is so ready and so focused than ever before. I have been overweight all my life! From a very young age, I was always the "big" girl next to everyone my age. I can remember being 16 years old and I went to visit an uncle in Puerto Rico that I hadn't seen for upwards of 10+ years and I was SO excited to see him and you know what the first thing he said when he saw me??? "When did you get so FAT?!" Needless to say I was devastated and don't remember much of that trip after that besides deciding he was no longer my favorite uncle.

I thought I would really push for the last 11 weeks of the year and for once in my adult life not make the new year about a "new me" because I have already declared that last year and I meant it! I want to give my all these last 11 weeks to be as fit and healthy as I can possibly be and look forward to what 2015 has to bring! Sound like something you would want to join me in doing? If so, let me know! Let's do this! I know everyone has their days, but they also have a chance to try again the next day! I've been through high's and low's and twists and turns through out this journey and would love to be a positive voice along the way! Anything is possible when you put your mind to it, I promise! :D

Replies

• missjazminenicole
    missjazminenicole Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! I love your outlook about finishing the year strong and looking forward to what 2015 has to bring. I will definitely join you :)
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Thank you. It's been a long time coming and I plan to end 2014 as strong as possible. I sent you a friend request! Let's do this! :smiley:
  • sgould625
    sgould625 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I would like to join you guys too. I've been at a plateau for pretty much the last year and I really want to push harder to live a healthier life style for myself and my family.
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    sgould625 Heck yes! Let's do this! :)