Problems with new recipe creator

Options
Tophermak
Tophermak Posts: 69 Member
Is anyone else having issues with the new recipe calculator. Won't let me save a new recipe or edit a previous one. Allows me to edit but doesn't save any changes. Also it would appear that they removed the ability to use the old style calc. Hopefully it's just a glitch for tonight as the new calculator seems pretty crappy in comparison.

Replies

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have had the same problem. In another post someone was kind enough to share this...(http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/calculator). I used it this afternoon and it worked.
  • Tophermak
    Tophermak Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much PinkyPan. . .I found that while tooling around the forums to make sure it wasn't just me having an issue. Used it and it worked as the recipe calc should. Hopefully they bring it back that way.
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble making a recipe, too... I just made a food and need to find out how much it is per serving... :(
  • dashaclaire
    dashaclaire Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thank you thank you thank you for sharing the calculator link!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Yes please bring back the link to the old calculator. I bookmarked it, but it would be nice if it was where it used to be. The new calculator, despite giving the ability to edit, is inaccurate and doesn't allow you to easily see the usda entries.
  • losingles
    losingles Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble too. Very frustrating! I can make changes but nothing saves. Please fix this!
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I can't even find the new recipe creator! Thankful for the link to the old one.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link. I can't work out the new one at all!
  • jenniferchew2012
    jenniferchew2012 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the link!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Bump for the link to the old one. Thanks!
  • SianSp
    SianSp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the link I have Bookmarked it. The new one kept telling me ingredients had 0 calories!
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    MFP: Please, please, please don't 'fix' things that worked well!! A lot of us on here are 'scratch' cooks and don't use the foods/recipe sites. Please restore the ability to add/edit recipes on the recipe page!
  • Turning_Hopes_to_Habits
    Options
    I had a terrible time this evening figuring out the new tool. I got it to work using the new methodology, but it's a pain in the neck.

Like so many others, I am a from-scratch cook and often don't use set "recipes", I use what I have on hand. I'm used to creating recipes in MFP and dating them (as the same general recipe changes based on what I've got at the time).

I will bookmark the link above, but just for feedback, the new process is unwieldy and time consuming. And while I know many people enjoy the "import recipe" from online functionality, it is rarely useful to me. Tonight's "Whatchagot (i.e., what do you have") Soup" had key ingredients of split green peas and barley, but there were many other flavoring agents and it really was a pain to enter it in and save it.
  • ski098
    ski098 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The new tools are really bad. I hope MFP fixes it quickly. The new Android tools are nice for a touchscreen, but it does not translate to the PC at all. Between the inability to change recipes, and the amount of times it just "doesn't respond" the tools are not usable at all.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    How is the new recipe calculator supposed to work? I've typed in a recipe name and a list of ingredients and clicked "match ingredients," and absolutely nothing happens.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    Yep, I have had the same problem. In another post someone was kind enough to share this...(http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/calculator). I used it this afternoon and it worked.
    Thank you so much for this!
  • joyce0624
    joyce0624 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Bump for calculator
  • robinmmurphy3
    robinmmurphy3 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! The new recipe creator is lame! Sad, because the old one is the bomb!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
  • jessakittyis
    jessakittyis Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much PinkyPan! I am dying with the new calculator.