Am starting (beginner) 30 day shred, anyone want to join me?

Options
Decided to check out Jillian Michaels 30 day shred as it gets such rave reviews...as I am not particularly fit, I was excited to see she has just brought out a beginner 30 day shred so have ordered that....then am hoping if I like it I will then move onto the normal 30 day shred...anyone want to join me? and report back on progress?

Replies

• lindastravelling
    lindastravelling Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Oh good, helps to keep motivated I think! I have ordered my DVD, just waiting for it to arrive...I am not planning to do every day, probably every over but still doing level 1 for 10 sessions etc before moving onto level 2...just printed off a chart I found on this minimins post (scroll down a little and you will see it) so I can put on my fridge and tick off every session as I complete it...
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    when are you starting? I Plan on starting it on November 4th
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    oh I didn't realize there was a beginner's one
  • lindastravelling
    Options
    I'm going to start it as soon as my DVD arrives, hopefully soon!! It doesn't matter if you guys do the normal one when I do the beginner one, you're probably much fitter than me anyway so I am sure I will find my version as hard anyway!!
  • aliciamarieeeeee
    Options
    I will do it with you as well:)
  • cah1255
    cah1255 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i have started this so many times, but gotten bored and never got through level two. i would love to restart with you!! this time i am going to try really really hard to stick with it. an accountability group may be exactly what i need!
  • lindastravelling
    Options
    That's five of us already then excellent! I am still waiting for my DVD to arrive but am feeling motivated to start which is good!
  • bigbeff
    bigbeff Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Do you realise its on youtube?
  • JWebb2222
    JWebb2222 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Jillian is awesome. I have one video that is like working out with your own personal trainer. I have the Tracy Anderson overpriced system. I keep quitting on that but have started again! I can't buy the new Jillian but I'll post that I've done my workout for my own motivation as well as any others. It's hard to get your workout in after work. I'm planning on getting mine in tonight! who's with me?
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If you are interested there is a group here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100051-30-day-shred-support-october

I just finished first 10 days (level 1), and plan to move to level 2 tonight! :)
  • lindastravelling
    Options
    Thanks bigbeff, I realise the original shred is on you tube but I am going to start with the beginner shred (just released on dvd, not on you tube yet unfortunately)
    JWebb Only just got home but going to do a workout tomorrow (probably davina till my shred dvd arrives)
    Aine good luck with level 2!
  • 21Gunss
    Options
    I have a number of Jillian DVDs as well as some Biggest Loser ones. I can honestly say that in all my years of trying DVDs and other at-home exercise regimes, The 30 Day Shred and TaiBo are the ONLY 2 that have worked for me. When I started I couldn't get through the first level, but I stuck it out. At my best I was doing level 3 (which I liked better then level 2). I do it randomly now and have focused on running and roller derby (great cardio and toning)! Stick with it no matter how hard; it works!
  • thessdayton
    thessdayton Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Is this just a program for women or can me do it as well? I just started MFP a month ago and have lost 18lbs. Would love to do along with all of you as well.
  • lindastravelling
    Options
    Thanks 21Gunss for the inspiration!
    thessdayton no anyone can do it! The normal 30 day shred you can find on youtube, as I am so unfit I am starting with this one - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beginner-Shred-Region-Import-NTSC/dp/B00KT5PAWE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413927849&sr=8-1&keywords=jillian+michaels+beginner oh and well done on 18lb loss!
  • Nativmd
    Nativmd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i started today lvl1 from you tube add me as a friend
  • lindastravelling
    Options
    My DVD just arrived in the post today, finally!! I have started, level 1 session 1 done! It was not too bad, but still a couple of things I found hard but I have 9 more sessions to perfect them! I really liked Jillian, she was really encouraging and motivating.
  • lindastravelling
    Options
    Done level 1 session 2 now! Really enjoying it, don't find it too easy or too hard so good level, can still feel that I have worked my core an hour later though! I think I should buy heavier weights though, am using 2lb at the moment but read that 3lb would be better
  • lindastravelling
    Options
    Level 1 session 3 yesterday completed yesterday! I am still struggling with the push ups and one other exercise but the rest I am doing ok and have started doing the advanced version of some of the exercises too, rest day today but plan to do again tomorrow!