Weight on Chicken Breast package in grams or pounds?

Options
The chicken package I bought says that its weight is 0.970. Does this mean that all 4 breasts together are 1 lb or rather that they are 970 grams? I've been tracking them as if the package meant grams (250g per breast) but I'm starting to wonder if i'm doing it wrong which would be bad since it would mean I am under doing my caloric and protein intake.

Replies

• woofer00
    woofer00 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    In the US it's probably 0.970 lbs. Aren't the units labeled? You can also tell by working backwards off the price - $/weight should match the rate. If that's mangled, it's mostly safe to ballpark estimate a piece of meat that's the size of a deck of cards as 4 oz. Is that really that accurate? No. but it'll be within an ounce or so, and close enough to estimate whether that package is closer to 1 pound or 2.2 pounds.
  • darylspindler
    darylspindler Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The weight for the entire package would be .97 pounds or 440 grams. The individual serving size and nutritional information per serving would be on a separate label. Common sense tells me that a boneless breast would weigh approximately 1/4 pound. Of course that can vary from serving to serving.