What was the first concert you ever went to... and when (IF you can remember)

Options

Replies

• 23kat23
    23kat23 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Backstreet Boys when I was in grade 3 so..... 1996 maybe
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    My first concert was a babysitting gig, my aunt paid me to take my younger cousin to a Garth Brooks concert. Ugh (btw, I am SOOOO not a garth brooks fan). That was 1992.

My first concert that I went to that I WASN'T a babysitter, was New Years Evil - Phoenix, AZ - 1998. Black Sabbath, Pantera, Megadeth, Slayer. I missed part of Megadeth because I was in line for beer. Altho, I saw two chicks get in a fight and one girl ripped the shirt OFF of the other girl. BEST NYE ever!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    May 1971. Saw BB King. Opening act was Big Brother and the Holding Company. The singer for Big Brother and the Holding Company was Janis Joplin.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Blue Oyster Cult and Sammy Haggar- 1985
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    My first concert was the Stampeders in 1974. You probably have to be over 50 and Canadian to remember my favourite song that year, Sweet City Woman. Shout out to all the Calgarians on MFP!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    NextPage wrote: »
    My first concert was the Stampeders in 1974. You probably have to be over 50 and Canadian to remember my favourite song that year, Sweet City Woman. Shout out to all the Calgarians on MFP!

Great Song.

• tiffanydawnn
    tiffanydawnn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5 Victory Tour in Phila... Early 80s. I'm too young to remember it :(
  • PhoebeGrey
    Options
    James Taylor, Tanglewood, Bershires, Massachusetts
    Had to be about 1980
  • Nette117
    Nette117 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My first one was in Cleveland Ohio in the 90's and it was R.Kelly, Aaliyah, SWV, Heavy D, Jodice and Changing Faces. Holy crap that was long ago!
  • PhoebeGrey
    Options
    Oh, I suppose I should ad that James Taylor was performing with Carly Simon.
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Steppenwolf in 1969. Then Led Zeppelin next. Those were the days!
  • Panda_Path
    Panda_Path Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Weird Al Yankovic summer 1996 in Detroit. I was 11.
  • bgoodsmile
    bgoodsmile Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    February 14, 1987 Bon Jovi & Cinderella at the Hollywood Sportatorium in FL. Good times!
  • GinGerSnapS713
    GinGerSnapS713 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    October 3rd, 1987. U2 at Exhibition Stadium in Toronto, Section D on the floor. I still have the ticket :smile:
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Clouseau, 1994ish. I was about 6 or 7 years old and I had the biggest crush on Koen Wauters.
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    U2 and BB King in 1989 in Auckland, New Zealand.....outdoor concert.....totally awesome!!....when they sang Angel of Harlem....so cool!!!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Backstreet Boys, August 1998 :D
  • christashay
    christashay Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Michael Jackson and his bros. Victory Tour, Jacksonville FLA 1984, I was 14.
  • Martinafranca
    Martinafranca Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The Beatles - Finsbury Park Astoria - London, UK. 1966
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    The Eagles (Little River Band opened for them), Civic Arena (Pittsburgh PA), don't remember exact date - around October 1979