Angry at Zumba

Options
I've heard that people's moods change when they exercise but this morning I've experienced something new for me. Went to a Zumba class and got really irritated was starting to get annoyed no idea why but I had to leave the class ...anyone experience this before ?? Don't know what to think

Replies

• BeginningNoStop
    BeginningNoStop Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I did that once when the instructor changed the music up on me and I felt like it was too basic. I haven't been to zumba in 2 years though. I think that was the last class I went to. I've got to get back on it.
  • michellebutler73345
    Options
    Normally i really enjoy the classes ive taken before but not this morning :/ Thanks for replying
  • RadiantChange
    RadiantChange Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I know for myself, when I am taking off the pounds I can get irritated for any little thing. I have heard it said that people that emotionally eat gain weight because of their empathic gifts and strong emotions and those emotions get stored in our fat cells. Then the fat cells storing these emotions through weight loss and muscle building start releasing. {{{YIKES}}} One of the reasons you will see many nurses, caregivers and so on very over weight.

Just a thought that I have found true in my case.
  • RadiantChange
    RadiantChange Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    P.S. When that happens to me, I hit the punching bag and let it all out.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hangry?
  • joflo723
    joflo723 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Are you new to Zumba? It can be frustrating until you learn the moves. If this is you, give it a month and you'll really start to enjoy it.

Or are you an old pro and something got changed up on you? I get a little irritated when we have a fill-in instructor and I don't know any of her moves. I feel like I'm getting short-changed because my workout can't be as intense when I'm spending half my time trying to figure out what the next step is.

I used to go to a class where there was literally a "VIP" section. They always got right up front and heaven forbid anyone take "their" spot. These were the instructor's fan-girls. I used to get super annoyed by this.
  • 2kellymike
    2kellymike Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I HATED Zumba and I gave it a fair try, maybe 10 classes? I gave myself permission to quit, and I found a low-impact boot camp class that I LOVE instead. It's all about what works for you. Maybe that's what's bothering you, it isn't a good fit?