Sharing a little BMI victory

Options
Today, according to BMI standards, I'm no longer Obese, but overweight. It's a small victory, and reminds me there is still a long path to walk, but today I feel good!.

I started this year with a BMI of 37, and now it's 29. It's a great feeling!

Replies

• MomforNoah
    Options
    Great job! You must feel wonderful :)
  • v_cowley
    v_cowley Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Well done! I lost weight a few years ago (all back on now...) and I hit the overweight for ONE weigh in! Then I started gaining again. So I know that it is not a small thing, it's a major thing. Overweight is a lot better than obese! I hope you feel proud of yourself :]
  • JoseCastaneda
    JoseCastaneda Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Thanks! it's a great feeling. But I must take it just as a milestone in a long road to go. May be I was at this point some 10 years ago, when I lost lot of weight with a weird diet, but this time is different, I'm eating smart and working out smart, and I feel very motivated!
  • ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Great job! Can't wait for the same milestone :)
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :D
  • Bekkah5215
    Options
    That's great! Congrats :)
  • RadiantChange
    RadiantChange Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    (*) Hi, this isn't a small victory but a H U G E one, you should be feeling very Proud of yourself right now.
  • JoseCastaneda
    Options
    Thank you all!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    ROCKSTAR! Bet that feels great. I def' know the feeling as just last week i also entered Overweight.
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Congratulations!

Also, congratulations on recognizing that healthy food choices and activity don't have an end point.
  • rhina23
    rhina23 Posts: 212 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    This is a milestone!
    Congratulations!
  • thickntired
    thickntired Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It's kind of crazy how going from obese to overweight can make a person happy, isn't it? But believe me, it's a goal I am so looking forward to. I am so happy for you, this is not a little thing, far from it. You had to lose a lot of weight to get to where you are, and you should be very proud of yourself. Congrats to you, and I can't wait until I can boast about the same thing. :smile:
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!

I just hit that mark like 2 weeks ago, and it was awesome. Dare I say better than the actual number on the scale. Having some stupid chart tell me that I'm merely "overweight" now made me do a happy dance. :D
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I just hit that mark last night as well! 29.2 but it still counts!!!

Congrats, it really does feel awesome :)
  • JoseCastaneda
    Options
    Congratulatuions @esjones12 and @PrizePopple, and everyone making progress! @thickntired, you'll get there!
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Woot!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!