Best Brown Rice Ever!

Options
nudacris
nudacris Posts: 25
I just made this for dinner, and holy crap it tasted really good. I followed the recipe to a tee, except I didn't use any butter at all. Ridiculously easy to make. It wasn't too firm, it wasn't mushy, it kept its brown color, perfect!!!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/baked-brown-rice-recipe/index.html

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Replies

• monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    awesome! I have been fighting with brown rice myself!
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    thanks.....bump
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I love brown rice....tricky to cook sometime....
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Ahhh Thank you!! :flowerforyou:

I have been trying to make myself eat brown rice forever but I can never get it to turn out better than disgusting and I end up throwing most of it away.

Hopefully making it this way will help me out. :drinker:
  • Missjenn98
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I must try...
  • workinprogress12_2
    workinprogress12_2 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    bump
  • youthgonewild23
    youthgonewild23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to eat more whole grain foods such as brown rice. I grew up on white rice and it was always loaded with tons of salt, butter, etc. I think I am going to try this recipe with a few adjustments - olive oil instead of butter, NO SALT (sodium-free salt) instead of the kosher salt and maybe add some sodium-free bouillon cubes to the water (for extra flavor). The recipe looks so simple and got excellent reviews. Can't wait to try it this weekend.
  • robinaddison
    robinaddison Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love AB - his recipes are simple and GOOD!!
  • jodimitchell
    jodimitchell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shadow3829
    shadow3829 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I can't wait to try it. I always have a hard time with getting brown rice done.
  • JAC1000
    JAC1000 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You don't need to boil the water first, just put the rice water (shredded carrot and shopped onion if desired) in a covered casserole dish (or pan covered with aluminum foil) and bake for an hour or a bit more. I put everything in the oven when I left for work and asked my daughter to turn on the oven an hour before dinner and it was ready when I got home.
  • aubraann03
    Options
    bump
  • Jill_Clemmons
    Options
    Has anyone tried sprouting brown rice? You can do it with some of the brown rice that still has a hull. It just takes a few days, and it tastes really good and boost the nutrition! http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/04/15/cooking-with-sprouted-brown-rice/