Friday is Pizza Night!

Options
We normally have pizza on Friday nights. I don't want to give up tradition just to accomodate a diet. Is there a "good choice" for delivery pizza?

Replies

• DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Yes! Thin crust, lots of veggies. That'll be your "lightest" option. Enjoy!
  • ababygrace
    ababygrace Posts: 123
    Options
    Some places depending where you live make healthier options such as veggie pizza with a whole wheat crust.
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I just get a thin crust, light cheese, and lots of veggies! Usually avoid the meats b/c of crazy sodium content, but get chicken if I do. We order from Domino's b/c it's convenient--plus they have a Cal-o-Meter on their website, so you can figure out the "damage" ahead of time :happy: Good luck!
  • nab22
    nab22 Posts: 168
    Options
    Papa John's has whole wheat crust. Just get thin crust, light cheese, lots of veggies. Or canadian bacon and pineapple is supposed to be one of the least bad ones
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Many larger chains have nutritional info on their website. Try thin crust, extra sauce, veggie toppings, no meat or just Canadian bacon or ham, and light cheese (usually means they put half the cheese on). That's generally about the lightest you can create on delivery pizza, unless a chain has a specific "light and healthy" option on the menu.
  • KTCali
    KTCali Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I would try maybe making your own pizzas... I do it with my kiddo and she LOVES it. I buy the mini whole wheat English muffins and low sodium tomato sauce and we go to town with the veggies. You can even skip the cheese to make it lighter. Plus it's good bonding time :drinker:

Hope that helps

5151543.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • stitcherbeth
    Options
    Everything that they said. Don't forget the workout for the day and extra water to wash away the sodium. Also just a couple slices, don't eat more than that.
  • mbowman323
    mbowman323 Posts: 216
    Options
    Friday night is pizza night at our house as well. Instead of ordering out I make my own now. I just buy a whole wheat crust now that is glueteen free and make my own sauce and put on my own veggies..My favorite is chicken bbq pizza. Just use your fav bbq sauce as you would the pizza sauce, pepper jack cheese and chicken..mmm mmm good
  • BaronessBlixen
    BaronessBlixen Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    A slice of Papa Murphy's Hawaiian pizza only has 158 calories in it. Not bad for "takeout" pizza at all.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I just get a thin crust, light cheese, and lots of veggies! Usually avoid the meats b/c of crazy sodium content, but get chicken if I do. We order from Domino's b/c it's convenient--plus they have a Cal-o-Meter on their website, so you can figure out the "damage" ahead of time :happy: Good luck!

This is what we do too. I usually have TONS of raw veggies ahead of the pizza delivery so that a a couple of the square pieces or one regular slice is enough. Finish off the meal with some fruit, and you've done great!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Pizza is the one thing I REFUSE to give up so it's my "cheat' meal just about every week. I make sure I eat as close to target as I can all week and have that one day when I go over a bit and it seems to be working ok so far.
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    I have what I always have. (extracheese & bacon) I wont give up what I enjoy, this is about healthy choices NOT depriving yourself. That being said, I have ONE slice, with a big salad on the side. And I really savor & enjoy that piece, more so then when I sat there and ate 3 without even noticing the taste
  • searbear1980
    Options
    I like papa murphy's delite but they don't deliver. Low calories lots of flavor.
  • smketchum
    smketchum Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Papa Murphy's has light options (DeLite pizza)...you have to go and pick it up and bake it yourself, but they are delicious and much lower in calories than a standard pizza slice. Have two slices with a healthy salad with low cal dressing and you don't have to give up a thing!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    um...i usually just opt for one slice or two if they're small slices and a big salad :)
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    We get Hungry Howie's Howie Maui on pizza night. It is my cheat food, but I have not had it in 2 weeks. Maybe tomorrow if I am good!!
  • cjnorman
    cjnorman Posts: 93
    Options
    Friday night is pizza night at our house as well. Instead of ordering out I make my own now. I just buy a whole wheat crust now that is glueteen free and make my own sauce and put on my own veggies..My favorite is chicken bbq pizza. Just use your fav bbq sauce as you would the pizza sauce, pepper jack cheese and chicken..mmm mmm good

What brand gluten free crust do you use? I made the Bob's Red Mill crust this week. Tastes really good but high in sodium.
  • ohthatmomma
    ohthatmomma Posts: 115
    Options
    Friday is pizza night for us, as well. Sometimes it gets pushed up to Saturday or Sunday. I still enjoy my pizza, salad and coke. I won't change it. I fill up on salad instead of pizza and only consume 1/2 of a can of pepsi. So, I am still enjoying one of my favorite pies, and most of all... enjoying my family.

Enjoy yours, too!
  • ohthatmomma
    ohthatmomma Posts: 115
    Options
    Friday is pizza night for us, as well. Sometimes it gets pushed up to Saturday or Sunday. I still enjoy my pizza, salad and coke. I won't change it. I fill up on salad instead of pizza and only consume 1/2 of a can of pepsi. So, I am still enjoying one of my favorite pies, and most of all... enjoying my family.

Enjoy yours, too!
  • heathernsugar
    Options
    Thin crust Veggie Lovers or Thin crust with ham, pineapple, onion, and mushrooms!!!!!!!!!!! These two are
    my most favorite pizzas in the world!! If you want frozen the best one is, Kroger Premium Selections Roasted
    Vegetable---it is SUPER GOOD!!!!!!!!!

:happy:

I hope that this helps you and you have a great FRIDAY PIZZA NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heathernsugar