It ends now!!

Options
I'm tired. Soooo tired.... Tired of feeling the way I feel, looking the way I look. Tired of clothes not fitting. Tired of not taking pictures with my children. Tired of hiding in baggy clothes. Tired of ripping pant because my thighs rub together to much. Tired of being the fat friend. Im tired of it all, but most of all i'm tired of not doing anything about it!!! Only I can change it and I am bound and determined to do so. After 3 children and 3 c-sections later, I know I will never look the same as before, but that is not my goal anyway. My goal is to be a better healthier me. I want to be the hot mom and the trophy wife, and dammit I will get there one day. I am really hoping that MFP will help me stay on track. I don't want to be unhappy anymore, and I want to enjoy and live my life without worring about my weight. Any and all advice would be appreciated. I am looking foward to one day posting my success story. :)

Replies

• AudraHeinman
    AudraHeinman Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya!!
  • brischu2243
    Options
    Rock on sister! I'm there with you.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    My only advice would be: take this feeling and bottle it up and carry it with you at ALL times. Any time you start to waver or feel like giving up, physically stop yourself, metaphorically take out your "bottle" and let / make yourself feel THIS feeling again. It will keep you on track. Good luck and we do look forward to your success story!
  • That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    My only advice would be: take this feeling and bottle it up and carry it with you at ALL times. Any time you start to waver or feel like giving up, physically stop yourself, metaphorically take out your "bottle" and let / make yourself feel THIS feeling again. It will keep you on track. Good luck and we do look forward to your success story!

Great advice!!! Thank you
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    hell yeah we all want that very same thing dont give up :)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    hey! I have four kiddos, youngest is 4 months old! Feel free to add me! I agree with pp about remembering how you feel right now. Remember it when you want to hit snooze, when you want seconds, etc!!
  • 23kat23
    23kat23 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You got this!! You definitely sound ready to make the change! The first couple weeks are the hardest but then you start to feel better and start to slowly see results and it really helps for motivation. MFP has really helped so you have come to the right place!
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I love this!! You took the words right outta my head!!! I want this for all those reasons as well as to have my second baby and then go right back to the body I worked so hard for. You got this!! <3
  • lumatokyo
    Options
    Love this, you can totally accomplish your goals too! And I'm right there with you!
  • IvyLuci
    IvyLuci Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Write down how you feel right now and read it every time you want to quit.
    As far as practical advice, take it one step at a time. Start weighing&logging, even if you go over goal don't stop, just start anew from tomorrow. Find ways to include exercise into your life, even small things add up at the end of the day.

Figure out a plan that will keep you going every day, even when nothing is going the way it is supposed to. And then stick to it.
  • monicapevans
    monicapevans Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    :)
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You said exactly what I was feeling. Sounds like you are motivated and determined to change - all the best in your journey - you can do it!
  • ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Totally agree! Feel free to friend me if you would like. Happy to support you! ankdworak
  • galpower14
    Options
    I feel the same way.. however, how do I resist eating when I'm not hungry AND right after lunch? That's my dilemma.
  • That1Chick_Brit
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Totally ready, and so over my old ways!
  • HannahBananaBrain
    Options
    I'm with you! Feel free to add me as a friend! I'm restarting today!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    YES!! EXCELLENT DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE!!!!
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Why do you say you can never look the same as you did before kids? Seems like you are selling yourself short.

There are hundreds of examples of women who go back to their pre-pregnancy body. You have to want it and really want it and work at it.

Good luck.
  • That1Chick_Brit
    Options
    headofphat wrote: »
    Why do you say you can never look the same as you did before kids? Seems like you are selling yourself short.

There are hundreds of examples of women who go back to their pre-pregnancy body. You have to want it and really want it and work at it.

Good luck.

I only mean that after c section scars and stretch marks from growing my 3 beuatiful boys in my tummy, that it will never look the same and I am ok with that. :) I know it will look better if I keep at it, but cant get rid of the scars and stretch marks, but I earned my tiger stripes and am proud to be a momma so I wouldn't change that. Thank you for your well wishes! :)
  • TXEXrunner
    TXEXrunner Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Agree with the others about remembering this post and using it later if you need a motivation refresher. Love your attitude and your goals. Sounds like your husband could be enlisted to help motivate or participate too. Having him as an accountability partner will go far in helping you on this journey. Practical advice - set short term goals and celebrate them as you achieve them! Good luck and friend if you need some more virtual support!