Week 1 in the books

Options
I was waiting to get atleast the first week logged before re-introducing myself. My name is Jami, 33 years old and a mother of 2. Typical I have always been heavy story. In 2012, I took control of my eating habits and lost about 45 lbs. Things ended up getting pretty stressful at work and I went back into my old habits of eating junk food and drinking pop for comfort and never looked back.
I have had enough of this and have decided that as long as I am coming back and trying to gain control again that I have not given up. I need to be a healthier person in general so I can run after my kids and do everything they want to. I am also setting their lifestyle habits for them and there is no need for them to think junk food and pop is the way to go.
My first week I stopped drinking pop and logged everything I ate. I lost 7lbs. Yesterday I started Zumba at home and tonight I will be starting 30 Day Shred.
All my friends I had before on here are not active or are not as talkative as before. I could use more support during this journey. I have atleast 100lbs to loose. Once I hit that 100 I will relook at my goals and decide if I want to loose another 30-45 lbs.

Great luck to everyone!

Jami

Replies

• Bekkah5215
    Bekkah5215 Posts: 49
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hi Jami!! I agree that coming back and trying again equates not giving up... I live by the same mantra :) I've never tried Zumba, but I've heard that it's a great workout (and fun!); I have, however, done the 30 Day Shred and it's a killer ~ BUT, I did notice a difference after a time (I had to do level one the entire time I worked at it! lol) :) Congrats on your loss.. you're doing great!!
  • smalleyez06
    smalleyez06 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have done level one of 30 day shred in the past and never finished the program. I did Zumba before in a class and loved it. My previous weight loss was done with a lot of work in the gym. Right now a gym membership does not fit financially in our budget but that will not be a reason for me to not get work outs in. Once it does fit in the budget I will probably join again because I did love going and the different classes they offered. Until then youtube is my friend :)