Orange Juice - OMG!

Options
Who knew it had soooooooo much sugar!!!! I love OJ but c'mon..... it's like 75% of my daily sugar intake! Geez.....

:noway:

Replies

• Ridestolive6969
    Options
    LOL one of many things that is considered "healthy" .... have an orange instead!!
  • Juicyyy
    Juicyyy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Try Tropicana 50. Still has sugar, but less that regular. 50% less calories and sugar! I love it, in small doses only :)
  • angel_eyes17
    angel_eyes17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I KNOW!!!! Goodbye Tropicana :frown:
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Try Trop 50! Half the sugar, half the cals!
  • bruteforceglory
    Options
    fruits are high in sugar to ( sadly (((
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    I drink 4 oz of OJ only. So sad so sad.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Is it half the calories/sugar because it is only 47% juice? I could see that.
  • emoritz2
    emoritz2 Posts: 27
    Options
    I know! I love having a small glass of OJ with my breakfast, but even that has a ton of sugar. I really like having something citrus-y/acidic in the mornings, so it's hard to give up the OJ. I'd love to know what other people drink in the AM besides OJ (and coffee).
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Try Tropicana 50. Still has sugar, but less that regular. 50% less calories and sugar! I love it, in small doses only :)

agreed. i love that stuff
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    They do that for Mott's Tots apple juice. Just add water to the apple juice and charge you more!!

Take a tip from Motts and water down your juice for free!! :D
  • ChessRonin
    ChessRonin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    As long as there's no added sugar it's fine. Of course, you shouldn't really drink more than a glass at a time, and you SHOULD be aware of how many calories are in it. But there's nothing wrong with a 4oz glass of OJ just because it's mostly sugar.
  • MissKMN
    MissKMN Posts: 119
    Options
    As long as what you're drinking is natural and not added sugar, don't stress. An orange is always a better choice though.

I kicked my fruit juice habit but when I really am craving it, I actually water it down half and half with water. It's an acquired taste but I can drink a whole lot more and it's more filling!
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    While OJ has natural sugar in it, remember it also has vitamin C and potassium in it, both things your body needs. Just practice moderation.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    If you need it go with the 50% less as mentioned. I dropped it oj completely due to cal and sugar....
  • anzura
    anzura Posts: 171
    Options
    The only way I will ever drink OJ is if it has Tequila in it and I'm on a sandy beach somewhere tropical!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    LOL one of many things that is considered "healthy" .... have an orange instead!!

Absolutely, eating WHOLE Fruit is very different than just drinking the juice. 8oz of OJ is about 5 whole oranges, and without all of the good stuff (fiber and micro nutrients.) I don't think fruit juice is healthy at all, it hits the blood sugar level just as quick as sugar laden sodas.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    It is high but my 2.5 year old gets it every morning. He has tummy troubles and it is the best "natural" thing we've found to keep the pipes moving. Give and take right!
  • aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I try to stay away from juices because of this...instead I will have fresh fruit. Much better for you. :)