"Lifting Log" App For Android

Options
2»

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Pen and paper for me, but bookmarking in case I decide to join the 21st century.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    another reason why it extended my workout time is i would actually use the timer to count time between sets.... where as typically i'd just do a mental count down, which might have been considerably faster. I just find it really frustrating, i'm on this or that peice of electronics all day, and when i'm at the gym i want to get away from that as well as get in and out asap
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I saw the Jefit when I installed this Lifting Log. I used the app for the first time during yesterday's workout and so far it seems simple enough. Input the exercise and how long to rest between sets (you only have to do this step once, the info stays) then when you're done with a set input the weight and reps you just did, then the rest time starts. It only takes about 6 seconds to input the info for each set unless you do the same weight and reps then it's one second worth of an "OK" button. Tap "finish exercise" when done with sets and move to the next gig. I thought there was a progress graph of sorts which I can't seem to locate ( yesterday's workout info is still available under each exercise though), but like I said, I've only used it once. Again on Weds, Fri, etc...hopefully I'll have an idea of if it's good or the big suckola by then. Will likely try the Jefit if this is deemed poop.

Thanks again for all the input.
  • MRMIKEHUDSONJR1977
    Options
    Is anyone using this app to track their lifts/strength training? Are there other options that are comparable/better?

Use Jefit. It is awesome. Use this program to track calories and Jefit to track your workout. they have probably almost 1000 routines to pick from and the app is easy to use.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    yea i had to choose the exercises each time... well there might have been a different way to do it, but i'll often end up doing different exercises depending on equipment availability anyway
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Jefit. Love it.
    all that clicking around is a pain in the *kitten*. It added around 20 min to my workout. I'm sure i could cut that down quite a bit.... but a note book would be faster... unless some of the apps let you build a templet and your basically just putting in rep numbers. I used to put them in an excel spread sheet after wards. I guess you could log in whatever app after your workout too. i used Jefit i think

You build your routine on the website (suppose you could use the app, but, bleh). Once the routine is complete it is a single click or two -- just your weight for the exercise and the reps completed. If you decide to go out of order, a couple simple clicks. I used to be diehard notebook / excel, but once familiarized with Jefit, not going back!

• solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,161 Member
    Options
    I prefer RedyGym. I tried quite a few different apps and this one had the most features I enjoyed. Ive use it for SS, 5/3/1, and APSBR. Its free and has zero ads. I would pay for it if it cost something.

I like Strong for iPhones, but, I'm an android user as well.

+1. I tried JEfit too but I prefer RedyGym for it simplicity and ads free attributes
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    i prefer fitocracy
  • cyrini
    cyrini Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know this is a rather old thread but does anyone know if and how to get the data from say progression to show up in myfitnesspal???
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I use FitNotes. It's pretty easy and straight forward to use.

Yep, I like fitnotes too.