Daily headaches!

Options
Two days tomorrow will be a good week since I started eating healthy and working out 6 days a week! I'm drinking enough water, I'm eating my calories, and I'm also taking my vitamins! I don't know what's going on. I have at least one headache a day! Either in the afternoon or late at night. If I don't have a headache that day my stomach will be a mess. Could this be my body getting use to a different lifestyle? I feel like I'm doing everything my supposed to be doing. Am I missing something here?!

Thanks!

Replies

• cmpilgrim
    cmpilgrim Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Are you getting headaches after you exercise? Sometimes exercising can cause headaches, http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/exercise-headache

I'm a migraine sufferer so I totally understand the aggravation of daily headaches. Did you get headaches regularly before? Did you stop drinking caffeine? That can cause headaches, if you are used to caffeine.
  • akaar78
    akaar78 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    are you working out more ?Always stay hydrated...Drink lots of water before you workout and also after you are done....I was having same head aches when I start working out. only .It took 2 months for my body to adjust .......
  • jodi_keen2014
    Options
    I use to get headaches all the time back when I was in high school. I haven't for the past two years. I did stop drinking caffeine all together. I'm only drinking water now. Every time I stopped drinking soda and coffee before I never had any problems. Maybe cutting off so much all at once though? I don't get headaches right after going to the gym, maybe like 3 hours later.
  • karenlwhendrix
    karenlwhendrix Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try eliminating one issue at a time. Vitamins can be powerful (or you may have a sensitivity to one of the components). Try eliminating those for a couple of days and see what happens. Also - if you are eating less carbs than what your body is used to, it might take some getting used to. I know I get some headaches when I've been eating a lot of carbs and then cut back. Caffeine (decreases or increases) can also cause headaches. If you've decreased caffeine, a good way to tell if that's the cause of the problem is to have a small cup of coffee - if your headache goes away within 30-60 minutes, then that was the cause. Excercising more than you're used to can also cause headaches. The good thing is most of these things are just transitional. They should go away within a week or two.
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    as others have posted a headache could be related to a number of things. but a few things to rule out. time of the month? hydrating enough for your body weight and activity? id also like to add making sure you get electrolytes if you are sweating at all. for me that was the key for all these years having headaches after exercises or if it was hot out. one vitamin water zero now does the trick for me.
  • cmpilgrim
    cmpilgrim Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It could be because you cut out so much at once. Are you taking over the counter meds for your headaches? I've got to where I can't take hardly any medication because it causes a rebound headache. If I take Advil more than once a week (which I was doing before I learned what my triggers are) I will get a rebound headache, just to warn you.
  • jodi_keen2014
    Options
    akaar78 wrote: »
    are you working out more ?Always stay hydrated...Drink lots of water before you workout and also after you are done....I was having same head aches when I start working out. only .It took 2 months for my body to adjust .......

Yes, I am working out more than what I ever have in life. I've also never stuck to eating this well and working out.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the other comments but you could be drinking far too much water and/or your electrolytes are out of balance. You need more salts. Either get some hydrolyte tables from the chemist, or drink a cup of miso soup or a packet soup when you get a headache - especially if you are not eating processed foods. To get back in balance cook with more salt and then you can cut out the salty soups.

So how much are you drinking? YOu don't need to be sipping constantly. Go for about 2 litres of water a day but don't force it down. Even 2 litres could easily be more than you actually need. If you are sipping, stop it! Just drink it by the glass at periodic times - when you get up and with your meals, before and after your workouts and that should do. If you are constantly sipping, it seems to screw up the thirsty signals and you feel thirsty when you are actually not thirsty at all.

And look up hypernatraemia. You don't have this but you probably doing what people do to get it. And if you understand what it is, you should be able to resolve your problem.
  • LiveLoveRunFar
    LiveLoveRunFar Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm betting it's caffeine withdrawal.
  • kdavisrd
    Options
    Did you lower your carb intake? That can cause headaches if you don't increase your sodium intake.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Two days tomorrow will be a good week since I started eating healthy and working out 6 days a week! I'm drinking enough water, I'm eating my calories, and I'm also taking my vitamins! I don't know what's going on. I have at least one headache a day! Either in the afternoon or late at night. If I don't have a headache that day my stomach will be a mess. Could this be my body getting use to a different lifestyle? I feel like I'm doing everything my supposed to be doing. Am I missing something here?!

Thanks!

Vitamins make me really sick. I have to take the Flinstone ones. They screw with my belly, give me headaches and insomnia.

You're working out hard - are you eating those work out calories back? Does your headache usually come between meals?

• habit365
    habit365 Posts: 174
    Options
    Strenuous exercise, dehydration, and B vitamins are all potential headache triggers for me.