WINE!!!!

Options
cheermomblessed
cheermomblessed Posts: 149 Member
I just realized i am drinking about 400 to 600 calories in wine a few times a week.... it it terrible to not eat 600 worth of calories so i can enjoy my wine and not go over my calorie intake.. love my wine and its not going anywhere :)) lol

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    If you've already decided that you're not going to change it, what's the point of asking other people's opinion about it?
  • johnmurphymfp
    johnmurphymfp Posts: 2,590 Member
    Options
    Raise a glass to a very beautiful young lady. Sips and says who cares today we drink.
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    Cheers!
  • treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I always allot for alcoholic beverages ! Cheers !
  • karenlwhendrix
    karenlwhendrix Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Cheers! Nothing wrong with a wine night occasionally. Life is about work and play! At least you know how many calories it is and can account for it.
  • CarolinaAcorn
    CarolinaAcorn Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have a glass of wine or two several nights a week. I always log it and make sure it fits into my daily goals....

Cheers!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    When it comes to alcohol, if I know I want to enjoy some, I leave room...mostly for...
    1.) Red wine
    2.) Craft beer
    3.) good scotch and/or bourbon
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Yes please!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    Moscato please
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    I cut out wine as feel not worth the calories. Will have a glass in the future for a meal out but other than that no. Have a few gin and slimline tonics at the weekends instead as don't feel the need to nibble with that. Could not lose weight drinking wine unless a very small occasional glass.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I just realized i am drinking about 400 to 600 calories in wine a few times a week.... it it terrible to not eat 600 worth of calories so i can enjoy my wine and not go over my calorie intake.. love my wine and its not going anywhere :)) lol

It is above the current medical recommendations. But whether it is unhealthy for you, is something we couldn't really know. I usually drink more than that per week and have for decades without any medical problems, other than being overweight.

I am finding that if I drink this many calories in wine, it's hard to fit in other treats and still lose weight while getting proper nutrition. There just aren't enough calories available for the healthy stuff, wine and many treats. I am fine with that. I will gladly cut way back on sweets and chips in favor of wine.
  • let1179
    let1179 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I made wine one of my food groups ;)
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Love love love my wine!! Wine is not going anywhere! It will grace my lips until the day I die!!! <3
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I drink a few times a week at least. Just gotta A) budget it in my calorie intake, or B) Exercise more of it off, or C) Fahghetabowtit
  • cheermomblessed
    cheermomblessed Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! yeah ill throw sweets out the window any day for my wine :) Thank yall besides the smart *kitten*
    If you've already decided that you're not going to change it, what's the point of asking other people's opinion about it?

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    my builder is a dip**** and is really making this home building process more difficult than it needs to be. I hate that daylight savings time is ending soon. The aggies have made me hate college football again. This site is less helpful with notifications of friends posting on threads not showing up in their feeds. Cherry vanilla coke zero should be sold in bottles. I hate winter. The food I feed my fish costs too much. The red dirt in our driveway stains our carport's concrete.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Yummy! Yes, Please! I'll choose a glass of wine over a dish anytime!!
    And I like the cheap stuff! :p
    8.jpg
    Barefoot+Moscato.jpg
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Winos unite! I've been away from it for a few weeks for the most part, but am having a gathering at my house this evening so had to buy wine and cheese... and naturally had to taste it to make sure it was okay... so that underscores why I don't normally keep that stuff where I can easily get my hands on it, but after tonight I'm going back on the wagon except on weekends. Cheers, y'all!
  • cath498
    cath498 Posts: 5
    Options

It is above the current medical recommendations. But whether it is unhealthy for you, is something we couldn't really know. I usually drink more than that per week and have for decades without any medical problems, other than being overweight.

I am finding that if I drink this many calories in wine, it's hard to fit in other treats and still lose weight while getting proper nutrition. There just aren't enough calories available for the healthy stuff, wine and many treats. I am fine with that. I will gladly cut way back on sweets and chips in favor of wine.

I would have to agree with that cheers