Food you dont like but you eat it anyway

Options
mhlew
mhlew Posts: 377 Member
Mine would be tomatos. I do not really like them, mainly because of there texture, but I know they have great health benefits so I put them in my salads that I eat for lunch.

Anyone else have a food they dont like but they eat it any way?

Replies

• Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Also tomatoes. And green peppers. Generally I eat them for health and because so many recipes call for them; and I don't want to be the spoil sport at the pizza party.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    There aren't any foods that I don't like that I eat. Can't see much of a point in that.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    meat on pizza. If I am choosing, it would be plain cheese or vegetarian. But I'll eat the meat if someone else orders, just to not make a fuss.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    mhlew wrote: »
    Mine would be tomatos. I do not really like them, mainly because of there texture, but I know they have great health benefits so I put them in my salads that I eat for lunch.

Anyone else have a food they dont like but they eat it any way?
    I detest veggies but throw a load in a blender/juicer mixed with apples, grapes or some berries.
    I drink a half gallon every day. Veggies are just too healthy not to make myself eat.
    And if you're wondering what this might look like...you ever bathe a cat?
    :p
    m618bk5io53c.jpg

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I don't see any point to eating things I don't like.
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    There aren't any foods that I don't like that I eat. Can't see much of a point in that.

This. I don't eat things I don't like. I also don't voluntarily punch myself in the junk. I don't like that either.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

This.
  • maryseb63
    maryseb63 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    There is so many different options and kinds of veggies and fruits that I don't see the point of eating something I don't like. Not that I hate many foods,, well, I can't eat liver. That I would never eat.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I don't eat foods that I dislike, but I drink almond and soy milk just to boost my calcium. I don't dislike them, but I wouldn't drink them if it weren't for the added calcium. I see drinking it more like taking a vitamin in liquid form.
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    meat on pizza. If I am choosing, it would be plain cheese or vegetarian. But I'll eat the meat if someone else orders, just to not make a fuss.

Pizza compromise sisters!!

• extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to eat stuff you don't like--there are a schmillion other things that are healthy and have benefits that you might like and can put in your salad.
  • bigT24chiefs
    bigT24chiefs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Veggies
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    All vegetables.
  • habit365
    habit365 Posts: 174
    Options
    I eat things I don't particularly like and even some things I hate (though I try to keep the hate foods to a minimum because it wears on me). I bought a few Quest bars, tried one and could barely gag one bite down but eventually ate it anyway (gave away the others I'd bought). So many veggies and I don't really like many of them, but I need to eat them for nutrition, so I do.
  • kellyvilla7
    kellyvilla7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I eat Trader Joe's Organic Multigrain Hot Cereal a lot, I have to put fruit on every bite or I can't eat it and it makes my gag reflex lol but very healthy and filling.
  • agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Salmon. :s

I don't really like fish but I know how beneficial it can be for heart health so I try to eat it at least once a week.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I've generally found that the nutrients found in something I don't like can be found in something I do like, so I've never really had to do this. Also, I like most things.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts - after years of choking them down at Christmas and Easter dinner, I finally went on strike (took me 45 years to get up the courage). Now i just have my token 2 just because it's the season. Squid - no way, no how!
  • jaegging
    jaegging Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That's great for people who don't eat things they don't like. Unfortunately, some of us only really like cheeseburgers and realize that is unreasonable.

Cucumbers, tomatoes, and mushrooms are high on my list of things I'm trying to eat but do not really like.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese