Food you dont like but you eat it anyway

Options

Replies

• mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    There aren't any foods that I don't like that I eat. Can't see much of a point in that.

This.

Me three.

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, if I get the nutty kind with honey I can like it somewhat but not really, but I eat it because it fills me up so.
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    There aren't any foods that I don't like that I eat. Can't see much of a point in that.

^^^ This ^^^

What is the point if you can't enjoy eating your foods.

• justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Salmon. I. hate. fish. but my kids love the stuff and I know the fats are supposed to be healthy or something so I try to cook it a couple times a month. It's very slowly growing on me, but I'd still rather not eat it.
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    If I don't like it I really don't eat it. I'm to the point in my life where I've tried most fruits, veggies, and stuff that is available to me and I know what I do and don't like.
    That being said if I've never had it I'll try it atleast once or twice to give it a fair try.

Why force yourself to eat something you don't like? If you eat a tomato and you gag it down because it's healthy, the stress hormones released because of the displeasure you went through to eat it kinda negates the fact it was healthy.
    :\
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    None. If I don't like it, I don't eat it. However, there's not a lot I don't like (aside from fruit), so it's not like I'm wildly restricted in my food choices.
  • rocopoc
    rocopoc Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bananas- yogurt- avocados-coconut water
  • mhlew
    mhlew Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    ksy1969 wrote: »

^^^ This ^^^

What is the point if you can't enjoy eating your foods.

My disliked food that I eat is tomoato's. If a salad I order at a resturaunt has tomatos I will just eat them because I know the health benefits so I wont tell them to hold them off. However I do not buy tomatos at home, and I do not eat foods that I absolutely can not stand. I do not care for tomatoes but dont thing they are absolutely horrible tasting as opposed to raw onions. No ifs ands or buts with raw onions, I will not eat them (unless in salsa and finely diced)
  • mhlew
    mhlew Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    If I don't like it I really don't eat it. I'm to the point in my life where I've tried most fruits, veggies, and stuff that is available to me and I know what I do and don't like.
    That being said if I've never had it I'll try it atleast once or twice to give it a fair try.

Why force yourself to eat something you don't like? If you eat a tomato and you gag it down because it's healthy, the stress hormones released because of the displeasure you went through to eat it kinda negates the fact it was healthy.
    :\

LOL trust me, I am not getting stressed out from some tomatos in my salad.
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My mother in laws chipped ham BBQ. Its worth it, every bite, I smile and have seconds if necessary to finish.
  • nickysbt
    Options
    All leafy greens. I just don't like the way they feel in my mouth. I eat lettuce in salads only because it's a convenient vehicle for things I do like like cheese and avocado. I've tried putting them in smoothies, but I have a hard time drinking something green and I'm allergic to blueberries so I can't use them to mask the colour.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    peppers and greens (spinach, collards, Kale, chard, etc) I'm finally actually STARTING to enjoy them for their own taste without having to disguise the flavor... but it's taken YEARS.

I also am not a fan of tomatoes in salads, but if I cut them very small like fresh salsa, I like them OK.

If I don't particularly like, and it's healthy, I'll keep making myself eat it in the most palatable way I can... BUT if it's a food I HATE, then I might try it from time to time to see if I still hate it, but I'm not going to make myself eat it. Turnips, beets, radishes, Offal, raw fish-NOPE, not happening.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I eat everything... In fact, the more I don't like something, the more I cook with it to make something good out of it and eventually, I like it so everything is pretty good in my eyes :D
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Apparently, a lot of people here haven't met very picky eaters. Some people don't enjoy a lot of foods and that can make it hard to always eat something you like. No need to get incredulous that some people will eat food for reasons other than absolute bliss in their mouth.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Basilin wrote: »
    Apparently, a lot of people here haven't met very picky eaters. Some people don't enjoy a lot of foods and that can make it hard to always eat something you like. No need to get incredulous that some people will eat food for reasons other than absolute bliss in their mouth.

My 4 y.o. is a picky eater...I suppose I have higher expectations for adults.

• ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    On the rare occasion I'm too lazy to make Zoodles (Zucchini Noodles), I'll eat pasta. I HATE pasta, the texture, the flavor, yuck!
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I only eat food I like... and I like food - that's why I'm fat. :)
    -
    915340.jpg

AintNobodyGotTimeforDay.jpg
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I actually enjoy a lot of food that's really good for me. Most foods I don't like I just don't eat (shell fish, tofu, certain types of squash, etc.), however I do occassionally down a couple tbs of yucky blackstrap molasses yuck.gif when I need an iron boost. I just take it like medicine.
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Basilin wrote: »

My 4 y.o. is a picky eater...I suppose I have higher expectations for adults.

I would have higher expectations for adults to not be judgmental about others eating habits.
  • HealthySideofLife
    HealthySideofLife Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as the people who don't eat foods they don't like. I just don't see the point. However, if there's a food that I don't like that's in a dish, but I can't taste it, I won't bother picking it out just because I know it's in there. My perfect example for that would be mushrooms in a pasta dish.