I over ate badly what should I do ?

Options
mo624
mo624 Posts: 15
edited October 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
I over ate 5 out of 15 days I never went over 3,000 calories I mostly stayed in the 1900-2800 calorie range . My maintanence calories are 1471 . I feel so disgusting so today I've only had 930 calories I feel like it's to much . What should I do .. Should I restrict this week to make up for those 5 days of over eating ?

Replies

• thatch1234
    thatch1234 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I would just forget it and move on. Eating 900 also or so will just make you binge again as you will be really hungry. It actually takes a lot to gain fat so don't sweat it. Eat normal and work out. You will correct and damage within a week
  • TrainerLB
    TrainerLB Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I would recommend actually now upping your calories. You've just had an example of binge eating, a form of disordered eating. It's when you heavily restrict your calories and/or types of foods you eat, then go into a state of uncontrolled "binge" eating. To get yourself back on track up your calories to around 1800 for 2 days, then lower to around 1700 for 2 and so on until you feel back in control. Avoid going too low on calories so that you find yourself in the same situation again. It's best to keep the calories higher now to prevent another binge episode as it's quite likely from physical and emotional distress caused by the original binge.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    1. Its happened, so dont beat yourself up about it because you cnat change it.
    2. I assume you mean 1471 os your target and not maintenance. Go back to what your MFP target calories are.
    3. Dont worry.
    4. If the average overeat was 750 calories, then thats 3750 calories. Just over 1lb possible weight loss. Its no a lot.
    5. Go back to your diet and dont overcompensate trying to get the calories back although you could do 10 minuts more cardio or 20mins more walking a day to start clawing some back.
    6. As you have only 6lbs to go then it will just take 1 or 2 more weeks of dieting.
    5. None of that is worth feeling disgusting about, just not worth it. Carry on the ways you were.
  • forkofpower
    forkofpower Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Go back to your normal diet. For me, binges trigger more binges, especially if I try to restrict more than normal the next day. Just pretend the binge didn't happen and forget it.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,124 Member
    Options
    Select a moderate goal for weight loss of no more that 1 pound per week and just start new tomorrow following MFP including eating back your exercise calories. Trying to make up for overeating never works well.
  • stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    kiss that body you want good bye!
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    mo624 wrote: »
    I over ate 5 out of 15 days I never went over 3,000 calories I mostly stayed in the 1900-2800 calorie range . My maintanence calories are 1471 . I feel so disgusting so today I've only had 930 calories I feel like it's to much . What should I do .. Should I restrict this week to make up for those 5 days of over eating ?
    No, you can't chase your losses.
    You gather your energy, start fresh and move ahead.
    You know what to do!
    Good Luck!
    :)

• shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I reckon you should uneat the food.

Seriously, you can't go back, only forward. Recognise what this behaviour will lead to, and move on making better choices.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Log it, pull up your boot straps and push forward.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Log it and put on your running shoes and put in some miles
  • harmar21
    harmar21 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I see the saddle still on the horse, climb back on.
    People stumble, just shrug it off, plan for it not to happen again, and keep calm and continue on.
    I overeat a bit on some days to, I don't let it bother me. Maybe I'll just go for an extra walk or something this week to make up for it.
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    mo624 wrote: »
    Should I restrict this week to make up for those 5 days of over eating ?
    You should never do that. Bad days are like a bad investment. If you put in 20 grand, and the company tanks, you sell as soon as it starts tumbling and cut your losses rather than wait for it to shift. If you cut your losses, you start again, and just look forward.

Count today as day one. It is the only thing you can do. If you saw my weight graph, it would look like a richter scale. Everyone has ups and downs, but those who can forget will be the ones that go the farthest.