Any foodies learning new habits

Options
Today a family member called and asked how I was. I told her that I went shopping and got into a size 6 blah blah.. she said, "Oh I have to go" .. THEN I realized what a dope I am.. I used to talk about what food we fixed, which wine we drank with it.. This new place to eat and that new place to eat.. and now, I don't eat out almost ever and wine is measured out by the ounce.. I am boring and self centered.. obviously

But, it reminded me how much FOOD is a part of my life.

Food and wine were my hobbies... Surely, I'm not the only one. If you were a foodie winey (not whiney) what do you talk about now? I

Maybe I should just take advantage of my right to stay silent.

Replies

• cheshirecharis
    cheshirecharis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been feeling the same way, actually. It really does feel like a loss of identity. I wish I could give you better advice, but I'm still learning to cope with it myself. On the bright side, it is still possible to fit delicious things into a calorie goal, so I make sure to set aside some calories so I can still go out and enjoy what I used to, and then talk about them with my foodie friends. For example, there's a pint of Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout with my name on it coming Thursday. :)
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Well you can still talk food after all you are making your own meals? They are just healthy and can spread that on to family! Find other interests you have in common too? I still love food and love creating my healthy things and finding healthy recipes to try.
  • Catter_05
    Catter_05 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm with you and I am no longer allowed to eat many of my favorite foods. It feels like all I talk about is my diet and exercise, but my life is pretty consumed by it right now. It's a major change! Weighing, trying new recipes, etc..
    I decided to repaint rooms to give myself something new to talk about ;)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I talk about food. I haven't changed what I eat, I just changed how much I eat.
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    :neutral_face: I do post a number of yummy dishes that fit my plan on my blog. I was more resolute to "find" new things to do earlier.