Lose 100lbs +

Options
Hey everyone. I am new to fitness pal and am looking to lose at least 100-150lbs. Looking for support and a journey members.

I'm 5'8 and so far I have lost 5 lbs in 3 weeks. I just started exercising twice a week and going to up that to 3 times a week.

Replies

• heyjude345
    heyjude345 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. It sounds like you're off to a great start!
  • Junebugsc
    Junebugsc Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well. I have about the same amount to lose.
  • TXRangersFan76
    Options
    You can add me - I have the same amount to lose. I've just getting started as well. Great job on taking the first step (of many)!
  • twigirl1985
    Options
    You can add me as well I am just starting out. My husband and I are going at it together but he has only 15 lbs to lose while I have well over 100. I watch that show Extreme Weight loss and they give these people goals of 80lbs in 90 days and I'm overwhelmed because I have been at this for almost 2 weeks and still haven't found a good diet where I don't feel like I'm starving. Every site says to eat a different amount of calories and do different exercises. I am trying Carb Cycling and have been working out for two weeks and eating about 1600 calories and still haven't lost even one pound.
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've lost 99 lbs. and have 103 to go.
  • nursiekins34
    nursiekins34 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well.
  • agaraffa
    agaraffa Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. When I started my journey back in May, I weighed in at 317 lbs., my end goal is 170 lbs, so that would be 147 lbs. total loss. So far I've dropped 51 lbs, so I'm about a third of the way there. I can honestly say that I've enjoyed every minute of my journey thus far. I still get cravings for bad things, but to tell you the truth, when I cut down on what I normally eat to fit them into my "numbers"and end up eating them, I always feel like crap afterwards. When I think about how long I have to go, I sometimes get impatient and depressed, but I already feel so much better than I did and if I really need a boost, I look back at all my previous weigh-ins to see how far I've come already.
  • terpstje
    terpstje Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me also
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well I am just starting out. My husband and I are going at it together but he has only 15 lbs to lose while I have well over 100. I watch that show Extreme Weight loss and they give these people goals of 80lbs in 90 days and I'm overwhelmed because I have been at this for almost 2 weeks and still haven't found a good diet where I don't feel like I'm starving. Every site says to eat a different amount of calories and do different exercises. I am trying Carb Cycling and have been working out for two weeks and eating about 1600 calories and still haven't lost even one pound.

Don't get hung up on specific "diets"....if it's not a style of eating you plan to or even CAN sustain for the rest of your life, there's no point. If you have 100 pounds to lose, eating only 1600 calories a day will be enough of a deficit for you to lose so long as you're accurately logging/weighing etc. It doesn't necessarily follow the schedule we'd like though, lol.

• annael25
    annael25 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I have well over 100 pounds to lose and I'm starting my journey over again. The more you exercise, the easier it gets! When I started exercising this week after taking a "break," I was very stiff. My legs were not cooperating with me. It's been three days now and I feel much better! Good luck on your journey. :)
  • aliasL
    aliasL Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey peeps! I've got 100+ to lose as well, you all can add moi...we can do this!!
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options

Don't get hung up on specific "diets"....if it's not a style of eating you plan to or even CAN sustain for the rest of your life, there's no point. If you have 100 pounds to lose, eating only 1600 calories a day will be enough of a deficit for you to lose so long as you're accurately logging/weighing etc. It doesn't necessarily follow the schedule we'd like though, lol.

Yes what she said! Heck I lose on 1900 a day with NO exercise. It's slow but it happens and it's a heck of a lot easier than torturing myself.

Also DON'T watch any TV show related to weight loss and compare yourself. Just don't! In fact don't compare yourself to anyone else period.

Focus on becoming expert at accurately tracking your calories. Put all your effort into accurately weighing on a scale all solids and measuring all liquids (except coffee and water and things with no calories). Once you can accurately track ALL your calories you can figure out how much you personally need to eat to lose. Once you know how much you can lose on, keep around that as a weekly average. Rinse. Repeat.

That's all there is to it. It doesn't matter what all the sites say they are just guesstimates off of averages anyway. What matters is your personal BMR and TDEE, which can vary widely off of estimates.

If you are eating 1600 and you are absolutely 100% positive that you are weighing all solids and using accurate entries from the database then try dropping down to 1400 for a few weeks and see what happens. If you still see zero results you might try a trip to the doctor, as a morbidly obese person on 1400 calories a day should drop lbs after a few weeks even sitting on the couch.

Though the things that trip people up is saying they are eating "about 1600", and they mean 1700, but really they are eating more like 2100 because they use measuring cups instead of a scale and/or they use inaccurate entries for calorie dense food (using raw meat values when you are weighing cooked meat, for example).

Just a few small logging mis-steps can REALLY throw you off! But it's ok, we learn things about ourselves and what works for us as individuals each week and even when we don't lose we are doing better than we would be if we were at our "old" ways, so everything is progress in my book.

OP congrats on your success so far! I am *just* about to having less than 100lbs to lose, feel free to add me if you like :)
  • bokaba
    bokaba Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 100 pounds, but will settle for 40.
  • LabAgility
    LabAgility Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Similar position, love more friends. :-) I am definitely in the eat more to lose program this time. It makes it so much easier. Even if I lost half a pound a week that is still 26 pounds in a year!
  • ty_palmer09
    Options
    I am with you and need all the help I can get along the way.
  • nkoetsch
    Options
    I'm going for 60 lbs. Just started Insanity and calorie counting. Feel free to add me!
  • angieinwis
    Options

I did ww last year and learned a few things but wasnt willing to spend 20 a month for it. So what I took from them was eat lots of fruit and try to eat every few hours so you aren't as hungry. Other things i have read are eat your biggest meal in the morning and smallest meal at dinner. Recently i was told by a personal trainer eat lots of chicken breast they are great for protein and low in calories.

Right now i'm at about 1900 calories a day but do go over sometimes. Also I don't cook so that doesn't help me at all.
  • angieinwis
    Options
    How about everyone check in say a week or so with how we are all doing?