Exercises at Home

Options
Without machines at home, what exercises would you recommend to help on days you don't go to a fitness place.

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options
    There are lots of bodyweight workouts out there. There is a bodyweight group here at Myfitnesspal as well where there are links to free and for purchase programs. Just click the groups link and search for bodyweight and your should find a group.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Bodyweight routines or complexes with bodyweight exercises are always a good go to.

Nerdfitness.com
    Body By You
    You are Your Own Gym
    Strong Curves (it includes a bodyweight routine for those that don't have equipment or can't get to the gym)

Bodybuilding.com has a really good exercise database that you can sort/search via equipment (or lack thereof).

You can increase your options if you decide to build your own gym type of deal. There is the obvious rack and barbell that you can get cheaper on ebay or craigslist.

If you don't have room, there are adjustable benches you could look into, chin/pull up bars that you can hang in the doorway, resistance bands, stability ball, medicine ball, and dumbbells w/ plates.

• LazyFoodie
    LazyFoodie Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Workout videos. There are lots of good aerobic and strength training videos. You can purchase them or find a lot on Youtube.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    you'd be surprised at the workout you can get with a few dumb bells and a few ft. of floor space.
  • larosita57
    larosita57 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Have you tried fitnessblender.com? They have great, free videos that you can access online. The workouts range from low impact/easy to high impact/advanced exerciser. Most of them don't require any equipment.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    warriorguy wrote: »
    Without machines at home, what exercises would you recommend to help on days you don't go to a fitness place.
    People make fun of me, but I like to jog on a mini-trampoline while watching TV.
    f36ukhoecwb6.jpg

• BobbiTracey
    Options
    I preach the gospel of Zumba!
    Seriously, it's like the workout from heaven all in the comfort of your own home! It can be pretty intense and takes a bit of getting used to but it's quick,easy and it gets your heart rate up super fast :)
  • browndog1410
    Options
    I only train at home. Most exercises, with the exception of heavy squats, dead-lifts and bench press, can be done at home. It just takes a bit of discipline.
  • warriorguy
    Options
    Thanks. I have venous insufficiency in legs and neuropathy in feet, plus some small aortic ballooning so I have to restrict myself on certain exercises. I do stationary bicycle at lowest level though....and ultra sound this year will show effect its had by the exercise. I more do back, leg and arm exercises just to keep toned.
  • baxterroxy
    baxterroxy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender