Any other 40 something dads who need to lose 100pounds or more?

Options
48 yr old dad who has packed on the pounds over 20 years. Want to be so much more to my 12 yr old son and wife of 14 years. I love them and they love me, but my size is an incredible obsticle to a normal family life and the sole cause of any strain in our family. Any similar situations out there? I'm 330 pounds, 5' 10". I have to lose roughly 150 pounds. I'm not afraid to ask for help from those who have done it and would love the company of those who are starting just like me. Let's finally get this done for good.

Replies

• ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    absolutely - I started in January of this year and have lost over 100lbs with a little more to go. It can be done and you can do it. My reasons for doing it are very similar to yours. Happy to help any way I can.....
    Oh, and I'm 43 with a 7 year old and a 5 year old and started at 318.5
  • gvhunterollie
    gvhunterollie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm a 49 yr. old dad of a 12 yr. old daughter in very much the same boat. Hit 285 before I kicked myself in the posterior. Started with MFP at 280 last month with still a loooooong way to go. Welcome, you CAN do this!
  • marcglowacki
    marcglowacki Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey, great to know there are others who want to get back in the game. I will check in weekly on Tuesdays. I'm psyched now. Let's do this....slowly, but surely.