Bipolar meds and weight loss

Options
Part of the reason I am at a sort of plateau right now is I'm guessing due to my bipolar meds. I have been able to lose weight but from eating low calories and now that I eat more I've stalled. Anyone in the same shoes?

Replies

• christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Hi Missy...same song, second verse. May I add you?
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Added you
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Hi. I actually found when they changed my meds to something that made me more stable I lost more weight. I think it was due to when I became stable I started to care about being healthy and taking pride in my appearance.
  • missylectro
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Hi. I actually found when they changed my meds to something that made me more stable I lost more weight. I think it was due to when I became stable I started to care about being healthy and taking pride in my appearance.
    Yeah me too if I think about it!
  • Vina4
    Vina4 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the meds they have you on. I know that i found out a couple meds i was on one of the side effects was weight gain. My doctor took me off both. You might want to research the meds you are on and see what the side effects are. Also, talk to your doctor as well. He/she should be able to help.
  • tinamg72
    tinamg72 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been taking Lamictal for a couple years and I have not gained from it. I have gained from laziness though! :D
  • missylectro
    Options
    tinamg72 wrote: »
    I have been taking Lamictal for a couple years and I have not gained from it. I have gained from laziness though! :D

LOL.... When I was in my bad depression phase all I did was eat and sleep
  • cynthiamm67
    cynthiamm67 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've been on meds for 14 years. I'm losing, it just goes slowly. Keep positive. All the SSRIs have weight gain as a side effect.