I feel like I'm eating the same thing over, and over, and ov

Options
I feel like I'm eating the same things over and over. What is your favorite meals and snacks. I need some new ideas please!!!!:smile: I would appreciate it sooooooooo much!!!!!!

Replies

• teacheratkins24
    teacheratkins24 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm eating the same things over and over. What is your favorite meals and snacks. I need some new ideas please!!!!:smile: I would appreciate it sooooooooo much!!!!!!
  • Elita
    Elita Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love to make and eat this tuna salad
    tuna
    corn
    tomato
    chopped onion
    chopped jalapeño
    avocado
    lime juice
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    Ooh...that tuna sounds yummy!

Cottage cheese, just plain or with a few tortilla chips
    Brown rice cake with organic peanut butter
    Low-fat plain yogurt with a little bit of chocolate syrup

Can't wait to hear other people's suggestions!
  • rdhd88
    rdhd88 Posts: 18
    Options
    For breakfast I have the same exact thing Mon-Fri - 1 cup of Kashi dry cereal w/great value fiber flavored yogurt mixed in! I use peach, strawberry or blueberry. They used to have vanilla but can't find it anymore. It's a great, fast breakfast & tastes good too! :) You can throw in some walnuts if you like. On the weekends I have something totally different. I pretty much do eat a lot of the same thing Mon-Fri but it works for me & I don't mind. I try to eat different things on the weekends & have a treat if I want also. :) Good luck to you! The Jimmy Dean De-light breakfast sand are great also & quick! :tongue:
  • marshall153
    marshall153 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    a batch of my veg and prawn kebabs are in the oven currently! they're sooo yummy. i put a combination of onion wedges, capsicum, slices of carrot, prawns, baby corn, prawns eggplant, button mushrooms, sliced portobello mushrooms, zuchini, cherry tomato halves... - anything i have. You could put lean meat on if you like. Then i put a teaspoon on oil per 15 kebabs with marjoriam, thyme, sage and crushed garlic and brush over... shove in the oven.

bout 26calories a kebab (with 10g prawn per kebab).... AND you can change it up, different veg, different meat or seafood or you could do tofu, and instead or herb and garlic you could do a whole range of things like sweet chili or you could just do them plain and have with low cal dressing.
  • vanessadawn
    Options
    I think we all get stuck in that rut and it is really discouraging. Sometimes I treat myself and put in the effort of making up a homemade soup, bbq-ing a veggie burger with baked yam fries, or spaghetti squash with salt and pepper, hungrygirl.com has great low cal recipes for your favorite dishes also so does allrecipes.com.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    don't eat the same stuff. u will get bored! I change everyday.

Here are my choices for lunch :-

Salad, chicken salad, turkey bacon, tuna, black eyed peas...
    Dinner is anything as long as its portion controlled and has to have protein and vegetables.

For breakfast, oatmeal, boiled egg, muffins (orowheat) or honey nut cheerios.

Switch around!!
  • gynuwyne
    gynuwyne Posts: 132
    Options
    lunch/dinner: bean toastada, salad topped with turkey lunch meat, soups, roastbeef sandwhich. spaghetti made with whole wheat pasta or soy pasta, grilled chicken, pork chops
    Snacks: I usualey cook some frozen veggies or have a small baked potato topped with lite sour cream and salsa.
    By having veggies for a snack, I stay full longer with less calories and I'm getting more nutrients then I would from processed snacks.
    I've learned to eat what I want with in reason, as long as it fits in my calories. I've had less temptation for junk food by thinking like this.
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I once read that those who eat the same things all the time have the most success at keeping weight off. They find healthy foods that they enjoy and stick with them.

That's not to say you have to be bored. It was just interesting, I thought.

Perhaps you could try subscribing to a food magazine like Cooking Light or Clean Eating. That way you will get new recipes all the time. Have you tried the recipe forum?