Looking for something sweet (but not unhealthy) to bake right now?

Options
LoryBear
LoryBear Posts: 89 Member
I've got a bit of a sweet tooth and I'm a night owl, so just going to bed to avoid it is kinda out of the question. Is there something I could whip up right now that won't kill me in calories? I could probably only eat about 200 more tonight before risking not being in a decent deficit anymore for the day. Any suggestions? Don't worry about the size of the recipe, I can just downscale it to make it make only a serving or two.

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    There are chococlate mug cakes in this recipe branch have very few calories. The flourless one has had quite a few make it and they love it. Maybe look at that one.
  • LoryBear
    Options
    Ahh, I ended up changing a few substitutes on a 90 calorie oatmeal raisin cookie and changed it into a 50-60 calorie cookie, but thanks! :D
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I personally think eating sweet foods when you are trying to lose weight is asking for trouble. Learn to live without sweets. Its not that hard. I've done it and my sweet tooth is or was at least as bad as yours.

I eat fruit a lot and have it with unsweetened yoghurt if i want something easy and comforting. Either fresh or stewed fruit is good.

If i want to cook , i cook up exotic vegetables dishes but also do the occasional savoury tart or pie.

Going to bed early is a good idea. You can change your sleeping habits. I've done it though it took me a long long time to figure out how to do it.
  • LoryBear
    Options
    I'm not exactly swimming in money right now so I try and eat as healthy a I can with what I've got. And I don't consider it me trying to lose weight anymore, it's not a diet it's a lifestyle. Asking myself to never eat anything sweet is just grounds for going on a horrible cheat streak after a while.
    I mean, don't get me wrong, I have no where near the same sweet tooth for sugar that I used to have, and I rarely eat anything sweet. Something like a 50 calorie cookie once a week or so isn't gonna kill me, or stop me from achieving my goals...
  • annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Bump. baker, night owl... love chocolate...
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Chocolate fudge cake is not unhealthy per se, just if you eat too much of it.
  • lorinbc
    lorinbc Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Biscotti isn't very sweet and it takes longer to eat so you are a little more satisfied.
  • aksottosanti
    Options
    Warm apples and cinnamon - cut up an apple sprinkle with cinnamon and microwave for about 1-2 minutes. Low cal but still a sweet warm treat