Am I just paranoid?

Options
samaram4
samaram4 Posts: 7
edited October 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
Alright, so to some this might sound stupid. Am I being paranoid or rational here. So my regular workout schedule consists of 6 days on 1 day off. This week has been so hectic so far (I'm a full time college student and work full time). Usually I still make time at the end of the night for a 45 min - 1 hour gym session but these last 2 nights I have not been able to make the time due to an insane amount of homework. Now, when I look at myself, I feel like I am reversing a lot of my progress. So far (though it doesn't show this much on my MFP account since I had to start up a new one due to lost info) I have gone from 5'1.5 and 148 pounds to 5'1.5 and 119 pounds. I've worked really hard to get this far and I'm just really worried about losing my progress. I still ate a bit below my 1,550 cal goal both days but I cheated a bit today and had a slice of pizza. How much progress do you think I am actually losing here?

p.s. here is a progress picture, just because I'm kind of proud of it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4drpw806pjtj.jpg

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Paranoid. You're fine, it's a week.

BTW, how you doin'?
  • Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    You'll definitley be ok :smile:

Even if you go over your calories once in a while, I don't think it hinders your progress to the extent where you gain so much weight overnight from some extra calories.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    It's been 2 nights....??

• mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    2 days of not working out are not going to even register on the radar, especially if you eat at a deficit, which it sounds like you are. Stop stressing - that's what will mess with your success!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It's been 2 nights....??

this... you're being paranoid...
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yep. Paranoid.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Yes major paranoid - slightly weird and verging on obsessive - stop it! :smile:

You may even find that your weight goes down due to water retention from exercise

I don't think it would hurt you at all to take a couple more rest days a week if you wanted to

• FifiLaPhue
    FifiLaPhue Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If you really think you may put weight on, just do a couple days of lean meat and veg while maintaining the slight calorie deficit..that will get you back on track, drink more water as well - but I honestly think you are being, as you said....paranoid. You look great by the way!
  • mgermo
    mgermo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You ate a slice of pizza?!? How can you live with yourself?
    jk
    Move on, nothing to see here.
  • Agator82
    Agator82 Posts: 249 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    mgermo wrote: »
    jk

Sometimes life happens no matter what you try. Two days won't change any progress (neither would a week in all honesty). At most you are breaking down on the habit so if you are concerned double down and get to it.

Great progress!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    WOW you look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You should be so proud of yourself for what you've achieved!!!

Don't panic when you miss a few days off the gym, have a cheat day etc - When your ready just get back on it.

You need to try and relax a little bit, don't panic, 2 days of no exercise wont make you put on weight.

3,500 calories over your maintenance will - Enjoy that slice of pizza girl :wink:
  • Local_Atlantis
    Local_Atlantis Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    mgermo wrote: »
    jk

THIS
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    You could work out only 3 days a week and still be fine.
  • Tiamo719
    Tiamo719 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    samaram4 wrote: »
    Alright, so to some this might sound stupid. Am I being paranoid or rational here. So my regular workout schedule consists of 6 days on 1 day off. This week has been so hectic so far (I'm a full time college student and work full time). Usually I still make time at the end of the night for a 45 min - 1 hour gym session but these last 2 nights I have not been able to make the time due to an insane amount of homework. Now, when I look at myself, I feel like I am reversing a lot of my progress. So far (though it doesn't show this much on my MFP account since I had to start up a new one due to lost info) I have gone from 5'1.5 and 148 pounds to 5'1.5 and 119 pounds. I've worked really hard to get this far and I'm just really worried about losing my progress. I still ate a bit below my 1,550 cal goal both days but I cheated a bit today and had a slice of pizza. How much progress do you think I am actually losing here?

p.s. here is a progress picture, just because I'm kind of proud of it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4drpw806pjtj.jpg

You look effing awesome!!! And yes, you're paranoid.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Very paranoid...you don't "reverse" your progress in missing a couple workouts. You need to realize that this is all about what you're doing most of the time...really...what is a couple of days or even a couple of weeks in the grand scheme of things. You need to look at the bigger picture and get out of the minutia here...you'll drown in that *kitten*.

I'm very fit...I'm very healthy...I'm also a very busy professional, father of two little boys, and a husband...*kitten* happens...I don't always get to my workouts...but I do most of the time in the grand scheme of things. BIG PICTURE.

I would also add that I pretty regularly have pizza...drink beer...have desert after dinner, etc...that doesn't undo all of the other nutrition I take in during the day...I still get my 6-8 servings of fruit and veggies most of the time...I still primarily eat lean sources of protein...I still primarily get my fats from "healthy" sources like almonds and other nuts, avocados, olive and avocado oil, etc...finishing the day off with a little ice cream doesn't undo all of that. Again...BIG PICTURE!