Favorite Green Smoothie or Protein Shake Recipe

Options
Just got a ninja blender and I'm super excited about the possibilities with green smoothies or amping up my standard protein shake. What are your favorite go to recipes?

Replies

• 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Just got a ninja blender and I'm super excited about the possibilities with green smoothies or amping up my standard protein shake. What are your favorite go to recipes?
    I like a half cup each of kale, spinach, and spring lettuce mixed with a half cup of frozen blueberries, a cup of raw, whole milk and 1 frozen banana.
    Try that with your protein!

• totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    www.dashingdish.com has some great smoothie/shake recipes.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Thank you both!
  • FatJockSing
    FatJockSing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I chuck protein powder into muffins, banana bread pancakes and cheesecake mostly pinched from this genius of a woman . . .

http://proteinpow.com/
  • misjv
    misjv Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add anything you like really, that's the beauty of smoothies.
    A banana does a lot for giving a little sweetness and disguising some flavours.

Below is my standard smoothie:
    Vanilla Protein Powder (I use essential organics)
    1 handful of baby spinach
    1/2-1 banana
    6 almonds or a tablespoon of almond meal
    1 tablespoon chia seeds
    1 cup of cold water
    1/2 cup milk or substitute
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Peanut Butter & Banana Milkshake

Makes 2 x 350ml (ish) or 3 x 230ml (ish) servings. Or one super giant 700ml if you're into that.

240ml semi-skim milk
    1 decently medium sized banana
    60g peanut butter
    Half a tablespoon of honey
    1 tablespoon milled/ground flaxseed
    10g oats

700ml large:
    826 cal, 44g fat, 36g protein

350ml medium:
    413cal, 22g fat, 18g protein

230ml small:
    275cal, 14.5g fat, 12g protein

If you want an extra protein boost then you could put a scoop of powder-of-your-choice in there, too. It's dang tasty, though.

ETA: I whip up a batch and drink half (so, 1 'medium' serving) after my BJJ class twice a week. Perhaps a bit calorie intense for an everyday thing unless you work out a lot?
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options
    lexbubbles wrote: »
    Peanut Butter & Banana Milkshake

Makes 2 x 350ml (ish) or 3 x 230ml (ish) servings. Or one super giant 700ml if you're into that.

240ml semi-skim milk
    1 decently medium sized banana
    60g peanut butter
    Half a tablespoon of honey
    1 tablespoon milled/ground flaxseed
    10g oats

700ml large:
    826 cal, 44g fat, 36g protein

350ml medium:
    413cal, 22g fat, 18g protein

230ml small:
    275cal, 14.5g fat, 12g protein

If you want an extra protein boost then you could put a scoop of powder-of-your-choice in there, too. It's dang tasty, though.

ETA: I whip up a batch and drink half (so, 1 'medium' serving) after my BJJ class twice a week. Perhaps a bit calorie intense for an everyday thing unless you work out a lot?

^This - well, similar! I throw in mine one scoop of whey isolate, water, 63g banana, 1 tbsp of peanut butter, cinnamon, 1/4 cup of oats and blend away! YUM!!! 342 calories and 37g of protein.
  • AmyJo527
    AmyJo527 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My favorite is one I found on Pinterest they called the green monster smoothie. 1 cup vanilla almond milk, a single serving cup of plain greek yogurt, 1 frozen banana, a tbsp of peanut butter, and a cup or more of spinach. It is delish!