Building a Booty questions

Options

Hello!
I recently lost my butt from weight loss and i would love to get it back.
I've been lifting and focusing on my glutes for a while now but i'm not seeing the results i want. I would love to hear what worked for others so i can adjust accordingly.
1- Calories- How much to eat? Maintenance,Surplus? I'm already eating clean with lots of protein but i think i might be under-eating.
2- What does your workout look like? Please be specific: Exercises,sets,reps,how long and how frequent?
3- How long till you see start seeing results? I've been at it for more than two months now,is it too soon?
Thank you!

Replies

• littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Squats squats squats squats squats. As someone who has NEVER had a butt I can tell you squats are going to be your best friend. As far as the other 2 questions go, calorie surplus and results may vary.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I disagree on regular squats. They just don't hit me where I want. I built this bad boy up with walking/running hills, plie squats, bridge and hip thrusts. The last 3 with weights of course.

OP cannot answer your question about how long it took as I don't really measure.
  • Munch_kins
    Munch_kins Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, lost some weight and a bit of my butt as well :( I recently enlisted the help of a personal trainer, we started yesterday. Told him my goals --> small stomach - bug butt, and he made me do a lot of cardio as well as lower body exercises. Specific exercises:
    - stationery bike (high intensity, 10 mins)
    - stepper twist machine (high intensity, 5 mins)
    - rowing (high intensity, 5 mins)
    - squats (15reps, 3 sets)
    - step ups (15 reps, 3 sets)
    - mountain climbers across the room (3 times, there and back)
    - this other move where you jump forward, get down, and do a plank (do this across the room and back, 2 sets)
    - knee ups on a bench (15 reps, 3 sets)
    - side lunge on a bench (15 reps, 3 sets)
    - leg lifts on a bench (15 reps, 3 sets)
    - in that leg lift position on the bench, raise knees to chest and push out to the side, alternating (15 reps, 2 sets)

Sorry I don't know the names of some of the exercises. Anyway these hurt like hell, and I'm no newbie to gym/weights/cardio
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    also agree that relieing mostly on squats would be a mistake. a more well rounded attack... should help make it more well rounded lol. when you do squats (as they should be a significant part), make sure you go bellow parrallel with your squats because that is when the butt truely engages
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I recommend strong curves. Worked for me
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    and good mornings B)
  • perfectlytrained
    perfectlytrained Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    2nd recommendation for Strong Curves by Bret Contreras