Devastation yesterday :(

Options
My god, I've just been watching the videos of the tornados yesterday. :( My heart goes out to you all. I hope everyone on here and everyone living in those areas made it out ok. It looks like weather is definitely getting worse as years go by. Please stay safe everyone!

Replies

• timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    My hearts go out to the families...I can't even IMAGINE!! ...makes you wonder if GOD is trying to tell us something???
  • hllamaster
    hllamaster Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yes In just a split second you can loose everything...so much saddness...prayers
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    My hearts go out to the families...I can't even IMAGINE!! ...makes you wonder if GOD is trying to tell us something???

I think He is...
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Already been praying for those people today. So sad!
  • parisianskies002
    Options
    I didn't know about this? l am from the UK. So l looked it up on Google.... seriously what is happening with the world? First a earthquake in Thailand and now this? Sounds sad but l really worry about what's going to happen in the future or whether this will get worse. We never get weathers like this (usually flooding when it rains a lot) but compared to that.. it's nothing. My heart goes out to those who passed and to those who are in relation with any of them!
  • lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am praying for all of the families who had destruction from all of those storms and tornado s. It reminds us to not focus on material things - they can be gone in a second - but live each day for HIS glory - he takes care of all of our needs - even in the midst of those storms.
  • Catzeyez
    Catzeyez Posts: 35
    Options
    I didn't know about this? l am from the UK. So l looked it up on Google.... seriously what is happening with the world? First a earthquake in Thailand and now this? Sounds sad but l really worry about what's going to happen in the future or whether this will get worse. We never get weathers like this (usually flooding when it rains a lot) but compared to that.. it's nothing. My heart goes out to those who passed and to those who are in relation with any of them!

I agree, many people think I'm silly for giving even just a little credit to the whole 2012 thing but when you see whats happened in the world within the last two years its kinda hard not to. Earthquakes, super storms, civil unrest in the middle east, the oil spill you see a pattern. Plus we haven't even seen the solar flares that nasa has been talking about that are suppose to happen in 2013. Super solar flares. They can knock out everything, satellites, cell phones, computers, internet everything technological if they don't protect the power grids which they haven't yet. Not to mention the now radiation crisis going on in Japan. There are elevated radiation levels already being reported in the states and Canada :(

Honestly, I really think in 10 years our world will be a very very different. :brokenheart:
  • DCskat3r4lfe
    DCskat3r4lfe Posts: 152 Member
    Options

I think He is...

if anything.. its greed, want, hate, crime, and how stupid people really are.

our countrys worried about others before they worry about our own.
  • vl2303
    vl2303 Posts: 3
    Options
    My sister lives in Alabama and we are unable to reach her due to all the lines being down, so it has been on heck of a night for my family wondering and praying that her and the kids are ok as well as everyone else. Weather has definitely gotten worst over the years, it is crazy.
  • Catzeyez
    Catzeyez Posts: 35
    Options
    My sister lives in Alabama and we are unable to reach her due to all the lines being down, so it has been on heck of a night for my family wondering and praying that her and the kids are ok as well as everyone else. Weather has definitely gotten worst over the years, it is crazy.

Oh no, I hope she's ok and the kids! I can't even imagine what it would be like. We've had one tornado (very rare in Edmonton) here that was pretty destructive awhile back but nothing to this extent. Keeping your family in my thoughts.
  • allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yes, it was so scary last night. We were up until about 2AM. I was so scared for my babies and was ready to drag them in the closet ESPECIALLY when the air sirens started going off. We made it through, but the little town about 15 minutes from us was flattened. Poor people! So sad and scary.
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I woke up this morning and walked outside to find a very large oak tree had fallen right between mine and my neighbors house during the night.

What was strange was I had no idea didn't hear anything during the night and the storms had passed already.

There is a little damage to my fence and a little damage to my neighbors gutters on his house. Besides having to deal with a mess to clean up and repairing a fence i'm very lucky it could have fallen another direction and I wouldn't be here today.

I've taken several pictures and I would post them but I don't have my camera with me.