Any ideas on eating out?

Options
What are some of your favorite "diet friendly" dishes to order out at restaurants?

Replies

• 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I just had the steak and veggies at Boston Pizza. 410 calories. comes with veggies and salad.

I really need ideas for eating in Los Angeles if anyone is from there. I will be there a week.

thanks
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Unless I'm on vacation, I really don't eat out much...so when I do, I really don't worry about it too much. In my experience, eating out regularly can seriously effect weight control efforts so it's a habit I broke long ago. Now, unless I'm on vacation, I eat out maybe 2-3 times per month tops...so I really don't worry about one meal here and there and I just enjoy myself and get whatever I feel like treating myself to.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I eat out pretty frequently. For that reason, I keep it reasonable and don't act like it's a special occasion. My go to restaurant meals are non-sauced meat (grilled chicken, steak, pork chops, or salmon most of the time), a salad with ranch dressing, and another veggie/fruit (if asparagus is on the menu I always get it.)
  • kdcomstock89
    kdcomstock89 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Thai Shrimp Salad at Applebees. It's amazing!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,718 Member
    Options
    I eat out a lot. I do an extra big cardio workout on days I am eating out so that I can afford to pretty much order what I like. That said, I do tend stick to grilled meat and veg.
  • lx3tx
    lx3tx Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I eat out quite a bit. I'll stick to a small steak or grilled chicken with veggies as my sides. If I eat mexican food, I will get fajitas with corn tortillas, a fajita salad and use salsa as dressing, or tortilla soup. At burger places I'll get a burger and either eat half or not eat the bun. With chinese, I stay away from fried stuff and don't eat the egg roll or much rice.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Burger for me every time.....
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    111YoYo111 wrote: »
    I just had the steak and veggies at Boston Pizza. 410 calories. comes with veggies and salad.

I really need ideas for eating in Los Angeles if anyone is from there. I will be there a week.

thanks
    Chipolte.

I effin wish we had them where I live, then I'd probably buy meals out more often!

OP, I usually stick to whatever the eff I want and make it fit into my goals/totals for the day.
  • nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your feedback and sorry for the late reply!