NSV - The dress in my closet

Options
Makterbro
Makterbro Posts: 101 Member
So a couple months ago when I first joined MFP I was 205lbs and I wore a size 16. I was browsing around and looking at clothing online when I saw this dress that I really loved so to motivate my self I ordered it in a size 12. When it first arrived I couldn't even fit into it. Now about 3 months later I am 156lbs. I wanted to wait until I hit 150 but I couldn't resist so I tried on the dress and guess what? Not only does it fit but it is a little loose! :)

Replies

• viciouslitany
    viciouslitany Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    congratulations! that's a nice loss to start with, and you have a nice new dress to wear!
  • Gen216
    Gen216 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That's so exciting! I think scale victories make us proud of the hard work, but it's really the NSVs that make you feel great - congrats!
  • wmcmurray61
    wmcmurray61 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! I am right behind you! Just noticed my sz 14 jeans are getting very baggy. I tried on some 12s the other day and close, but no cigar. I could get INTO them but I don't think I could sit down in them. I bought them to motivate me, anyway. Great job!
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! These are the best victories in my opinion. It's something about having you expectations dashed (in this case, not expecting clothing to fit) that is so satisfying. Can you exchange it for a smaller size since you keep losing? Keep up the great work.
  • knoelledi
    knoelledi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! In this weight loss game, it's a matter of a few days or a week where an article of clothing goes from tight to fitting to loose. One weight loss site said to get a goal (or mini goal) piece of clothing and have it hanging out. Every time you weigh in, or once a week, try it on. I haven't done that yet but I do go about trying on small clothes every few days. I need to go into the "it fits" closet and get rid of the too damn big clothes again.

So happy for you! Great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!