So I'm Toning Up, However...

Options
emmaleejay88
emmaleejay88 Posts: 20 Member
edited October 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
So I've been on this kick for quite some time. I'm getting much more lean and toned and I love it. There is just one thing.... I had to go up a pant size because my a.s.s has gotten much more fuller with the squats I've been doing, and I love the squats and everything as my curves are getting much more accented with the exercise... but is this natural? To be honest as a recovering anorexic... the fact that I had to go up a pant size actually kind of hurt, but I haven't strayed from the healthy path (still clean eating and exercise to stay thin)... but really has anyone else had the same sort of dilemma?? Any suggestions?

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    curves are good

in fact they're great

YAY You - well done girl :grinning:
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Actually yes. You may have to do some research on different fits/styles that will best suit the new curves, but it is a VERY good thing. If you start to feel really uncomfortable, please make sure you talk to your therapist. A healthy outlook is just as important as the healthy physical body. Congratulations on your success!
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Yoga pants and jeans with lots of stretch. Enjoy your new assets. :)
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    When you lift and tone, your muscles may get bigger. It's natural and can happen during a lifting routine, especially one incorporating squats.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    That is my goal right now! I want to have to go up in pants size because my gluts are strong and healthy! The gluts are an important muscle and should be the largest on your body. The fact that your gluts are larger than the average cut of pants you buy is beautiful! You are becoming powerful and now your pants have to acknowledge that power!

Congrats on your hard earned sleek and sexy muscle! Wear it with confidence and pride!
  • emmaleejay88
    Options
    Thanks guys! Honestly this made my whole morning :blush: I have to say, I am feeling much more confident than I thought. Good luck to all of you!
  • KatiCoufal
    KatiCoufal Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have been training my butt and legs more so lately with heavy lifting and squats. ALL of my jeans are too small now. I now shop for larger sizes. It does mess with your mind a little bit but I think it looks so much better have a nice rounded behind than a flat non-existant butt.
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Speaking from experience, it's definitely normal. Way to go girl, keep it up! :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    summer8it wrote: »
    Yoga pants and jeans with lots of stretch. Enjoy your new assets. :)
    Yay for assets!
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    A rounder fuller butt is much more attractive IMO, and you will find that to be the general consensus around here. Congrats on overcoming an ED, if you find you are still having body image issues I second seeking more therapy but a squat butt is something to be proud of! not concerned about.

GUQLGyq.jpg
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    My biceps go up and down by an inch at times as I lose fat and gain muscle. It does mess with your mind a bit, but overall I know I am getting healthier, and there is less "flub" under my arm ;)

A nicer butt is definitely something to be proud of :) Congrats! Keep on squatting!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    GUQLGyq.jpg
    OP, it is highly unlikely that you look like the pic on the right there! Don't freak out. :)

As you recover, the pant sizes have to go up and it seems ridiculous, but that's a good thing. You're a stronger, healthier person, which is awesome!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    That picture above posted is great - I know what *kitten* I prefer!!!!

Who wants a flat bum.... No one!!!!

Maybe it was a shock to your system buying a bigger size, but when you look at the scale of things, you are eating a lot better than you did before & surely a lot happier with how you look now.... no???

You quoted: I'm getting much more lean and toned and I love it - So keep doing it & have fun!!

:smile:
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I've always been a bit bigger on the bottom half of my body: thick thighs and a decent butt. When I started lifting over a year ago, it just made my clothes shopping "problem" worse. BUT now I look better naked. I have to buy clothes to fit my butt and thighs instead of my waist now. It's a "problem" I'm happy having.

I wear Express jeans because they are made with some stretch in the butt and thighs. I can buy the size I need to fit my waist, but they give me the room I need in my butt and thigh areas.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    It's natural. I bet you look great.
  • emmaleejay88
    Options
    A rounder fuller butt is much more attractive IMO, and you will find that to be the general consensus around here. Congrats on overcoming an ED, if you find you are still having body image issues I second seeking more therapy but a squat butt is something to be proud of! not concerned about.

GUQLGyq.jpg

yes indeed no one at all likes a flat butt. and no, I'm not quite the butt on the right (yet) but getting there for sure! it's great that all of you are so inspirational and thank you so much for the answers and kind words. Yes my waist is TINY compared to my butt and thighs, but they are strong. thank you again! <3
  • emmaleejay88
    Options
    "I wear Express jeans because they are made with some stretch in the butt and thighs. I can buy the size I need to fit my waist, but they give me the room I need in my butt and thigh areas."

Is express a good place to go to get jeans for someone like me now? any other suggestions? I usually wear American Eagle and Abercrombie, however some of the cuts that I used to wear all the time do not work so well with my newly achieved body parts.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    The butt boost is an excellent road sign alerting you that it is time to start studying what else is going to change on your body and how.