Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

40yr old taking control on my health

Hello,

I am a 40yr old female finally taking care of my health. The goal is to lose 70lbs over a 35 week period, a little less than 2lbs per week. This may seem aggressive but when not attainable. I have done it before and healthfully with doctor supervision so I am sure I can do it again. The difference this time as opposed to last? I don't want to look back at my children's lives and say I didnt participate in their activiited because I couldn't. I want to be apart of their lives. I also want to be around for all the milestones. If I dont do this now, when? Another day, is a new day. I am motivated and eager.

Encourage me along.
turpen123

Replies

• Hello & Welcome to MFP! (*)
  • rterilynn
    rterilynn Posts: 28 Member
    Wekcine. Feel free to add me. I am at end if week #1. 44 and in the sane mission! :)
  • htrombleyl
    htrombleyl Posts: 63 Member
    Hi and welcome to MFP! I am also in my 40's and trying to loose 100lbs and become healthy.
  • krontar1
    krontar1 Posts: 13 Member
    Hi and best of luck! I'm in my 40s also, working on getting to a healthy weight and keeping it that way!
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    I am about to enter my 40's...add me if you like!
  • GulfcoastAL
    GulfcoastAL Posts: 74 Member
    I'm in my 40's, feel free to add me - any of you. I love logging and encouraging others, I'm approaching 40 day mark and not going anywhere. I am not a meat eater for most part, and I am a Nutribullet user. MFP has been so motivating to me fitness-wise so I really think it is important to have friends on here.