what's the silliest or most ridiculous thing that motivates you?

Options

Replies

• sylviedrozz
    Options
    i don't want to look like i'm crushing my bf when i sit on his lap.. O.o
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    coolraul07 wrote: »
    1) Having my trunk measurement 1"-2" below my belly button be the same or less than 1" above it. (long way of saying "losing spare tire")
    2) Having arms big enough that I don't feel like Kermit The Frog!
    tumblr_inline_n6wr5jzuqb1s9nclc.gif
    tumblr_m7vyxrp6Lv1qca1beo1_1280.jpg

I don't know if it's because it's really late and I'm stupid tired, or what, but this made me laugh. Nobody wants floppy Kermit arms!
  • SofiV79
    SofiV79 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    A football team practicing in the field while I run around it - did TWICE as well last time!!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    the popsicle thread....
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    SbetaK wrote: »
    Haha..Like the OP, I had a hideous jacket given to me by someone who thought it was wonderful. Actually bought it for herself but too small. I wore it once to please her when visiting her home (not a public place). We both lost weight, and I gave it back to her to "celebrate" her success with something she liked. Sadly she regained her weight, and then moved away. I discovered I was the surprise recipient of the jacket, left in my work cubby upon her departure. I promptly graced a local thrift store with it.
    On another note, I have WAY too many clothes, and it is a pleasure to get rid of the bigger unflattering ones, and fit into the ones I have liked but been unable to wear. Who needs shopping-it's right there in my closets.

LOL I only wish I was lucky enough that I could rid myself of said ugly article of clothing by the giver moving away. Damn family! I have to keep seeing them no matter where I (or they) go! And TBH, my "ugly article" is actually a damn near wardrobe of hideous gifted clothing items. Gotta love the family though. They mean well. Still can't wait to be too small to get rid of it all!

And that Kermit GIF IS hysterical!!! Who doesn't get happy by being exposed to some Kermit?
  • SofiV79
    SofiV79 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    jrose1982 wrote: »
    I have many motivations, but here's the silly one:

A while ago I read that NASA is now hiring civil engineers (that's what I do) to be astronauts. In the past they only hired electrical, mechanical, or computer engineers. All a civil could for them was design the launch pad. Now they want to train civils to potentially go to Mars and study the properties of the soil and water.

So I realized that if I could lose 100 lbs, shift my career a bit, and wait for them to drop the height requirement (I'm 2" too short), I could be a fricken astronaut!

Suddenly my fantasy of being an astronaut looked somewhat attainable. I mean, I can't make myself grow 2", but losing 100 lbs and learning geology is still easier than learning electrical engineering.

Love, love, love your motivation!!!!
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    The silliest thing that motivates me is a belief that I need to have a perfectly ripped physique in order for others to accept me as a human being. Although I enjoy training hard and eating clean, I need to lose the 'bonus motivation' of needing to silence imaginary haters.

Wow. I've just admitted it! IMAGINARY haters!!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    JLMont31 wrote: »
    To see my collar bones again.

+1. But take out the "again" because I've never seen my collar bones as an adult & don't remember as a kid (because who cares about those things).

I also want to weigh less than my husband. Known him for 10 years and have always weighed more than him.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    even after allll the years I have spent being active in fitness now - like 6 or 7 years - Im still dying to be able to leave the house in just a sports bra and workout shorts.

happy sigh.
  • KaitJennifer
    KaitJennifer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Having collar bones again makes me feel a lot more feminine and its very cool :D
  • KaitJennifer
    KaitJennifer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    To be able to sit on the bathroom counter (like I used to) to pluck my eyebrows or put on makeup.

Yes!!! Completely agree! :D
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    a-sexy-firemen-looks-like-its-time-to-burn-the-house-down-again.jpg
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    My wife bought me a leather vest last Christmas for riding. It's one size to small. I could have traded it for the correct size, but I want to fit in that one.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I'm motivated by the fact that my mom can no longer offer me her "too big" clothes when I go to visit. I'm far too small for anything she wears now. I know, not silly...more bitter. What can I say?

I'm pretty close to goal and mostly recomping now. My motivations to keep going even when the visible results are small are that my 13 year old son can pick me up--and thinks it's hilarious to do so--and that my bingo wings are GONE and I want them to stay that way.
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Going to the 2018 Winter Olympics with Jamie Anderson for snowboarding. In real life I'll probably just take a lesson...and be over it.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    My peer group in terms of age motivates me. I'm in my mid-40s, so seeing people that are my age that refer to themselves as "old" and are just allowing themselves to lapse into a less active lifestyle just makes me want to put on my running shoes and go running outside immediately.
  • vixx1405
    vixx1405 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    even after allll the years I have spent being active in fitness now - like 6 or 7 years - Im still dying to be able to leave the house in just a sports bra and workout shorts.

happy sigh.

^^^
    This also to discover if I actually have abs I haven't ever seen them so I wouldn't know.
    Oh and if Gerard Butler is allowed then I'm adding Danny O'Donahugh (because once I'm fit he will notice me in the front row and fall immediately in love with me, obviously) Oh well a girl can dream
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I want to be the lightest but strongest person I know!
  • bananafannah
    bananafannah Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I want to do the Single Ladies dance, flawlessly.
  • Jennybear7
    Options
    To see my collar bones again.

Same here.