Howdy!

Hi all!
My name is Amy and I am fighting a losing battle with food and my weight. I was super skinny my entire life - so much so that I was made fun of because of it. I remember the first time I felt my body jiggle when I ran and my thighs rub together. It was about 2 months after the birth of my first child. Before I lost all of that pregnancy weight I got pregnant again. Years of eating like crap, smoking, drinking, and basically being unhealthy caught up with me about 3 years ago. I met the love of my life and my life stabilized a lot. I have never been happier with my job and personal life except for my weight. I cannot eat whatever I want anymore. I constantly feel like poop. I have headaches and cannot sleep.
I quit smoking June 3, 2014. Cold turkey. Never cheated. GAINED 10 lbs that I now cannot seem to shed. Before I quit smoking I was already pretty thick. A few days after I quit smoking I started running and changed my diet and became a fitness nut. That last for about 3 months. I lost 10 lbs and was definitely more fit but the change was not happening fast enough and I got discouraged and busy with life. Fast forward two months and here I am. I was hoping to be down into the 160's by now but I gained most of my weight back.
I am looking into fitness programs that can work with me and my schedule, so DailyBurn or Fitness Blender. Going to the Y when I can make time. Running (I MISS IT SO MUCH). Elliptical (sitting behind me as I type this...hate it). I am interested in Carb Cycling since it sounds doable for me. Today I started a simple cleanse of unprocessed foods, low carb, and tons of water just to get my body ready to start a new diet and fitness program.
I eat my feelings. I eat my boredom. I eat my anxiety.
My partner is only mildly supportive but I think it is because he does not know how to support me.
I do not even know how to support me.
I want to be healthy and strong so my daughter has a good role model and so I can get my son, who is obese and has special needs, on track with a better diet.
I know I can do it. I have done it before. I have weaknesses and just need support.
I am hoping to find a few like minds here or at least some friends who are on this journey too. I am starting today at 183.4 lbs/ 5' 10". I am hoping to get down to 150-155lbs.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,242 MFP Moderator
    Welcome to MFP. You can do this, honey. :flowerforyou:
  • Thank you, davis_em! I sure hope so. I HAVE to do this. I am 34 years old. I cannot sit here at 35 years old in a year asking myself why I have not started yet. I want it. I want to feel good and I want to look healthy and strong.
  • Taylor3
    Taylor3 Posts: 3 Member
    I completely know what you are going through! I have lost weight in the past, but this time around I am totally struggling! I quit smoking in April, and gained another 10lbs, that I just can not seem to get rid of! I started running too, and I love it but as a single mother of three I was finding it hard to get out there and do it. I started a new job in June that had a much later start time (9:00 as opposed to 7:00). That opened up the opportunity for me to join a fitness class at my local YMCA. I am currently in my 7th week of the 5 day a week total body challenge! I am super proud of myself for sticking with it, and my kids don't even miss me (heck they aren't even awake!) Shortly after starting out with the class I felt stronger and better, but I still wasn't losing any weight...completely irritating! The past 2 weeks I have been VERY diligent about tracking my food, and making healthier meals. I am now down 4lbs! I feel SO vindicated....finally! It's such hard work, but when you achieve it, it feels so good!!!

If I can do it...you can do it! :smiley:
  • Thank you, Taylor3! Your journey and story sounds A LOT like mine! Finding time to workout and switch it up without things getting boring is an issue for me. So is my emotional eating. I am hoping to get to it and stick to it this time! Several months ago when I felt great and had lost 10 lbs I was ELATED. I desperately want THAT feeling again and then some!
  • clensor1955
    clensor1955 Posts: 187 Member
    Welcome to MFP, You can do this with a little help from your MFP friends. Feel free to add me, and I will offer support & encouragement.