Not losing weight

Options
I've been working out 3-4 times a week. 30 mins of cardio and 30 mins of strength training. Also run the parking structure stairs on my work breaks. Ride my bike in the evenings after work a few times a week. Counting calories and watching my carbs. I've barely lost 5 lbs!! sooooo frustrating!!!

Replies

• Christyhodson
    Christyhodson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    oh, been doing this routine for about 5 weeks!!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    How long has it taken you to lose the 5 pounds?
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    5lbs in 5 weeks sounds like success to me. What is the problem?
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    5lbs in 5 weeks sounds like success to me. What is the problem?

Yeah, not seeing the problem.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    congrats at losing 1lb a week, weight loss isn't linear you will have weeks you lose nothing some you do but while you are doing all the right things which you clearly are its working well done keep going
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Five pounds in five weeks is good! A pound a week is 52 pounds in a year! :)

It's a long, slow, hard process. Get used to losing weight slowly. Get used to working hard for it.

And keep going. All those little .3 pound losses ADD UP. :D
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Five pounds in five weeks is good! A pound a week is 52 pounds in a year! :)

It's a long, slow, hard process. Get used to losing weight slowly. Get used to working hard for it.

And keep going. All those little .3 pound losses ADD UP. :D

Yes. This!
  • TrolleyRide
    TrolleyRide Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    sounds like everything is going to plan. good work.
  • daynerz
    daynerz Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Thats good, switch it up if your not impressed, lower your deficit, carb cycle, intermittent fast, lots of things you can do
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    A pound a week is excellent, especially since you don't have much to lose.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Deep breaths! You are not morbidly obese, you're barely overweight (not knowing your height, just going by your ticker) and therefore losing 1/2-1 pound per week is completely reasonable and realistic.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Check you measurements, maybe its coming off in inches instead of pounds. Keep going like everyone said you have lost 5 pounds and not gained 5 lbs. You are heading in the right direction.
  • MISSYIRENE
    MISSYIRENE Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you're gaining muscle as well?
  • Christyhodson
    Christyhodson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the feedback! I guess I just felt going from not much of anything to being pretty active AND watching my diet i'd see it come off quicker... but my friends have started to see changes in the way my clothes fit so I suppose whatever i'm doing IS helping, i'm just not seeing it...
    glevinso wrote: »
    5lbs in 5 weeks sounds like success to me.