I am a newbie

Options
Hello my name is Misty. This is my first day on myfitnesspal.com. wanted to introduce my self.
I have been counting calories for 11 days now and I have lost 8 pounds. Have not been able to exercise yet as I am having many difficulties breathing when I walk due to my weight. No one in my family knows this except my sister but I started out wieghing 314.8lbs and as of yesterday I weigh 306.6 lbs.
I live in Floirda and have five children. Three in which I gave birth too and also my two nephews who we adopted. Between work and kids we lived fast food and carryout for most of the past 10 years. I know that if I am going to live to see all of my children graduate from high school then i have got to do something about this weight.
Anyways here goes everything and good luck to everyone else.

Replies

• mytys1969
    Options
    Hello my name is Misty. This is my first day on myfitnesspal.com. wanted to introduce my self.
    I have been counting calories for 11 days now and I have lost 8 pounds. Have not been able to exercise yet as I am having many difficulties breathing when I walk due to my weight. No one in my family knows this except my sister but I started out wieghing 314.8lbs and as of yesterday I weigh 306.6 lbs.
    I live in Floirda and have five children. Three in which I gave birth too and also my two nephews who we adopted. Between work and kids we lived fast food and carryout for most of the past 10 years. I know that if I am going to live to see all of my children graduate from high school then i have got to do something about this weight.
    Anyways here goes everything and good luck to everyone else.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS! I wish you the absolute best of luck and please, please, let us know if we can help. That's what we are here for! You've taken the first step...this site will work wonders. Just log everything you consume and do and it will help. You'll quickly become aware of how many calories can easily be eaten AND burned! Read the posts...they are VERY motivational! And like I said, let us know if there is anything...

GOOD LUCK! and YOU CAN DO THIS!!:bigsmile:

*Kistinbee*
  • mytys1969
    Options
    thank you and I will. I am weighing my self every Friday morning so we will see in two days how I am doing. I will post to let everyone know. Thanks again.
  • aznguysgrl
    Options
    WELCOME ABOARD MISTY! I love this site! It helps me control what I eat. Seeing everything you consume in one day without the calories helps me watch, then ad the caloric intake and I'm done! The people who use this site are nice, helpful and encouraging. I send messages when I eat poorly and when I eat well. I don't feel alone on MFP! We are like a family among strangers!:wink: YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • stargirlie
    Options
    welcome, we are all here for each other :flowerforyou:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • GodzGirl
    Options
    Welcome Misty ... Give it your best!

I currently weight 299, I've lost 8 lbs too.

Since we both need to lose a good amount, let's encourage each other....what do you say?
  • Bekah
    Bekah Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    well welcome and remember you have a great new group of friends there is always someone here to talk to, to help you though the ups and downs. Welcome and hope this sites helps you.
  • mytys1969
    Options
    Thanks and that is great here is my email if you want to email me I am usually on between 10-6 while I am at work. What is your ideal goal? Mine is to be at 140 and I am 5'4" Got a long ways to go. mytys1969@yahoo.com
  • GodzGirl
    Options
    I'd like to weight 135, I'm 5'4 as well ... :bigsmile:
  • aznguysgrl
    Options
    My goal is 135 but right now I don't want to set myself up for disappointment, So I'm shooting for 150 and if the rest comes off with it GREAT! I'm only 5'3 and according to the BMI I'm "obese" at 180. Hearing that word saddens me so I've got to do something...