Not losing Weight

Options
I have been on my diet since July 15th. I have lost 24 pounds so far. The problem? Well last week I joined a gym and have been working out 5 days a week. I have noticed changes in my body already, but I am not losing any weight. I have maintained my calorie intake, haven't eaten anything off program, no cheat days, nothing. If it is my body building muscle - great, but I still want to lose weight...

please help

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It's water weight from your new workouts. It'll go away.
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 pounds with NO exercise. Then I started exercising, without eating more, and my weight loss STALLED. But it was only temporary. Just know you're doing everything right and your body will catch up in time.
  • unhgoose
    unhgoose Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Agreeing with other posters...Whenever I change up my workouts I get a little sore and retain water. Then it goes away.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    "Last week" means its too soon to panic. a) you're starting a new fitness routine = almost guaranteed to retain water and b) some weeks you won't lose. Keep moving forward, trust the science. If 4-6 weeks of no loss, then reassess your intake vs. burn.
  • KristaPerseveres
    KristaPerseveres Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Muscles in crisis hang onto water like crazy. It will all work itself out over time, the scale WILL catch up. Put the scale away if it stresses you out. Take pics along the way, take actual measurements, compare these results, that's what matters, not a number on the scale. Use your clothes as a guide, and how you feel. You're doing great!! Keep it up!! :-)
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    It's water weight from your new workouts. It'll go away.
    This

The woosh will come. Keep
    Trucking