3rd day without sweets...

Options

Replies

• Fruitylicious03
    Options
    Great job. I gave up my mid day snickers about 13 years ago. So glad I did. Does it mean you can "never" have them again? No. Do you have to declare (as some are asking) that you'll never have it again? Absurd. Are you hoping to break that bad habit, and maybe lose the craving and hopefully even the taste for candy? YES. And what a great goal that is!

There's no reason on earth we have to eat candy. And certainly not every day. If you want to, great, but there's no reason someone "should". cheers

+1

• temptech
    temptech Posts: 17 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Im on day 9. You can do this!!!
  • stonegirldancing42
    stonegirldancing42 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! That's an awesome achievement. We all have our "somethings" and it's great to nip 'em in the bud. Should be much easier to resist the sugar after your full 3 weeks for sure.
  • Fruitylicious03
    Options
    CONGRATS! That's an awesome achievement. We all have our "somethings" and it's great to nip 'em in the bud. Should be much easier to resist the sugar after your full 3 weeks for sure.

Aww thanks. :smile: I'm a girl who believes in everything in moderation. But I made the decision because I'm not eating sweets in moderation anymore. Infact I keep wiping out my entire deficit with them. Which is making me maintain instead of losing weight. Meh :neutral_face:

• Awesome job!!! I'm on my second day of no slushy run! Every afternoon my co-worker goes out and gets us each a large slushy...I'm staying strong and eating a lot of crushed ice!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    There's no reason on earth we have to eat candy. And certainly not every day. If you want to, great, but there's no reason someone "should". cheers

omg you should totally eat this tho

q0w3km4e2k1a.jpg

Nutella Pumpkin Acorns OMNOMNOM

Looks horrible, truth be told.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    So do you :)
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    The last month I have been stopping at the gas station on my way back from lunch just to buy something sweet. It's gotten out of control to the point of a Kingsize candy isn't enough. I gave up sweets when I first starting losing weight and got to that point where I didn't crave them. Now that I've maintained that weight I thought i could sneak a sweet in after lunch. The candy dish at work doesn't help, especially when i'm alone in the room with it!!
  • yoovie
    Options
    The last month I have been stopping at the gas station on my way back from lunch just to buy something sweet. It's gotten out of control to the point of a Kingsize candy isn't enough. I gave up sweets when I first starting losing weight and got to that point where I didn't crave them. Now that I've maintained that weight I thought i could sneak a sweet in after lunch. The candy dish at work doesn't help, especially when i'm alone in the room with it!!

AW MAN THAT SUCKS!!!

I have noticed that when I start the day with a breakfast that is sweet - i crave sweets ALL DAY LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

BUT with a salty or savory breakfast - I usually barely finish it and im full for longer and dont start craving sugar til like 3 pm.

and then - I try to satisfy that with a snapple or something.
  • LeannJeffers
    Options

AW MAN THAT SUCKS!!!

I have noticed that when I start the day with a breakfast that is sweet - i crave sweets ALL DAY LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

BUT with a salty or savory breakfast - I usually barely finish it and im full for longer and dont start craving sugar til like 3 pm.

I need to try that. I have been having the Quest Protein bars, which are good, however they have that lingering sweet taste. Tomorrow I will try something different. I am fine when I'm at home, it's when I'm at work that i crave the sweets and the snacks. Probably because I'm bored!!
  • Fruitylicious03
    Options

AW MAN THAT SUCKS!!!

I need to try that. I have been having the Quest Protein bars, which are good, however they have that lingering sweet taste. Tomorrow I will try something different. I am fine when I'm at home, it's when I'm at work that i crave the sweets and the snacks. Probably because I'm bored!!

Funny when I have a high protein breakfast my cravings are usually less throughout the day. I agree that boredom contributes, at least for me. Before I started walking at the time of my cravings I would just sit around watching tv. :smile: BOREDOM.

• LeannJeffers
    Options
    I just wish they would stock the candy dish with $&!t I didn't like : :'(
  • Christineclendaniel
    Christineclendaniel Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    This is great!! Sweets was hard for me to conquer...but I did the same thing you did. I didnt eat any for a couple of months. I have been able to incorporate one on occasion now and dont overdue it. I appreciate it more and enjoy it.

It gets easier each day you go without....congrats on your accomplishment, the first couple of days is the hardest!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I just wish they would stock the candy dish with $&!t I didn't like : :'(

Sounds like someone doesn't fully understand how the candy dish is supposed to work.

TL;DR - candy is delicious.
  • yoovie
    Options
    my mouth craves textures. Like crunchy or loud or salty or creamy or gooey - wait maybe these arent textures LOL!

but if i want sweet and crunchy, I can make peanut butter and apples and a few chocolate chips. or if I want creamy chocolatey goodness, I can make coffee. But for some reason - aiming for salty or savory crunchy things when I want sugar, helps a lot :)

Like those nutella things I made up there. I made 50 of them and each one had about, i dunno, 2 tsp of nutella, some toasted sunflower kernels, a pretzel twig and a low carb pumpkin 'donut hole'. They lasted a week. So yummy and not anything worse than a mini snickers.

• asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

q0w3km4e2k1a.jpg

Well this confirms my suspicions....you are actually a robot.
  • Fruitylicious03
    Options
    my mouth craves textures. Like crunchy or loud or salty or creamy or gooey - wait maybe these arent textures LOL!

but if i want sweet and crunchy, I can make peanut butter and apples and a few chocolate chips. or if I want creamy chocolatey goodness, I can make coffee. But for some reason - aiming for salty or savory crunchy things when I want sugar, helps a lot :)

Like those nutella things I made up there. I made 50 of them and each one had about, i dunno, 2 tsp of nutella, some toasted sunflower kernels, a pretzel twig and a low carb pumpkin 'donut hole'. They lasted a week. So yummy and not anything worse than a mini snickers.
    adowe wrote: »

q0w3km4e2k1a.jpg

:joy:

• yoovie
    Options

q0w3km4e2k1a.jpg

some people love to run around pointing out what they dont like, for no reason other than they feel they need to state to the generic public that they dont like something, just so the generic public will know. And some people like to run around and shout random refrigerator.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

q0w3km4e2k1a.jpg

LOL. No, just don't like overly sweet stuff. Robots don't eat pizza.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited October 2014
    Options

q0w3km4e2k1a.jpg

some people love to run around pointing out what they dont like, for no reason other than they feel they need to state to the generic public that they dont like something, just so the generic public will know. And some people like to run around and shout random refrigerator.
    Was this directed at me? If so, pls explain shouting "random refrigerator". Not something my robot brain can grock. :wink: