Paleo start guide?

Options
Hi all I am sure this is a post some where else. But I'm interested in trying out the Paleo thing. Checked out all kinds of books from my local library and goggled a great deal. Is there a way to manage this lifestyle with out the ability to cook? A lot of the recipes I have found (especially in the books) are well outside my skill set. Is there just a cheat sheet on what to buy out there some where?

Replies

• enchantedgardener
    enchantedgardener Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I would honestly suggest that you learn to cook. It's a skill that will serve you well for the rest of your life. It will save you money and enable you to eat healthier. Basic cooking skills are not difficult to learn.
  • icanplay3
    icanplay3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have taught my daughters a lot about cooking but they also learn a lot by watching Youtube videos! I bet there is a youtube video for anything you want to learn how to cook.
  • TrainerLB
    TrainerLB Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have a book called "Nom Nom Paleo" by Michelle Tong. I find it's relatively easy and the only tricky thing is having all the right ingredients around. Usually involves a shopping trip or two. I think she has a blog.

The Iron You .com is a really good one too!
  • Captaincove
    Captaincove Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You might also want to join the Primal/Paleo Support Group in the Community section.
  • LizLearnstoRun
    LizLearnstoRun Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    thank you all