How long did it take you to see results?

Options
Was hoping some of you could shed light on how long it took you to begin seeing results? I'm only 20 days in. Seems like the beginning is the longest wait to see change in your body.

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Months not days! Stay at it and it will happen. I showed up at a customers house this week and they said " oh, you're not Scott" I replied "yes I am Scott" They were shocked! When you get close to your goal the change gets dramatic.
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Months for weight. I saw results sooner when I measured my body.
  • Mikeab17
    Options
    Took me around 2 months to finally see any results. Trust me keep at it, it will eventually fall off before you know it. I lost 60 pounds in 6 months. And it flew by now that i think back.
  • missjazminenicole
    missjazminenicole Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Mikeab17 wrote: »
    Took me around 2 months to finally see any results. Trust me keep at it, it will eventually fall off before you know it. I lost 60 pounds in 6 months. And it flew by now that i think back.

Well i hope it feels like it flew by at the end but right now it's not flying by lol
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Different for everyone depending how much you have to lose, and how fast etc. For me it was about 8 weeks. I knew I'd lost but it wasn't til I put on a 'goal dress' for a Slimming World event and realised it was already a little loose. This prompted me to try on a load of outfits that hadn't fitted in a long time and I hadn't realised now fitted again!
  • missjazminenicole
    Options
    Ya, I think anyone going throught this process can relate to wanting to look in the mirror and think okay I look much closer to what I'd like to look like. Still getting up every morning like...looks the same lol
  • DragonShoe_GCole
    DragonShoe_GCole Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you classify as "results." I count ANY change in the direction that I wish to go a "positive result" (no matter if it makes a drastic effect on my aesthetic goals or not).

If we're talking, drop dead gorgeous, turning the heads of every female that I pass, then we're talking months. If we're talking losing very minuet inches in certain spots and 1-2 pounds of fat (which eventually will get me closer to my aesthetic goals), then I see that weekly....
  • improvnmycurves16
    improvnmycurves16 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    you see your self every day, so you may not notice, it took other people to tell me they saw my results before I could really see them. Take pics and when you compare them you should be able to see them. You got it stay consistent.
  • missjazminenicole
    Options
    formyson14 wrote: »
    you see your self every day, so you may not notice, it took other people to tell me they saw my results before I could really see them. Take pics and when you compare them you should be able to see them. You got it stay consistent.

Thanks. It feels like more of a habit now already. I don't feel like I struggle to eat well anymore. I'm happy seeing the scale go down a couple lbs every week. I know it will take time. But I can't lie, if I could fast forward to next month already I would :)
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Photos and measuring tapes are much better aids to judge your progress than the scale. Get a friend or loved one to take photos of you showing as much skin as you're comfy with...swimsuit, underwear, shorts and tank, whatever. Front, back, sides, and try arms down and arms flexed on the front and back shots. Do this again in 4 weeks and compare. You might be amazed at the small differences that you couldn't see before, cut lines appearing in your legs and arms, a roundness at the shoulders, stuff like that.
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm finally starting to see results and I'm 2 months in. Other people who I don't see often noticed it about a month in. It really has a lot to do with your height and where you carry your weight. But don't get discouraged. It will take you a lot longer to notice than other people because we are all much more critical of our own bodies than others.
  • jal92475
    jal92475 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just hit 20lbs lost after 17 weeks and my clothes are starting to fit loser. I took a starting picture and a picture now and I am starting to see a difference. It's harder to see when I just look in the mirror.
  • fishernd
    fishernd Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Today is day 73 for me. I've been logging every day and eating very healthy. I exercise one to two times a week, but my focus will remain food because that is where a lot of progress comes from. I weigh in on the 1st of each month so that weight is secondary to how I feel and my focus on eating right. Yesterday was the first day that I HAD to buy new jeans because baggy is not a great look.

I've learned that you have to do what works for you. Nobody's plan on here will work because it wasn't started by you. Some people will say they exercise 6-7 days a week, others will try fad diets and pills, but in the end it's your body and how you make it work for you. You have to be willing to accept the fact that when the weight comes off slowly (1-2 pounds a week) you aren't going to go to bed and wake up and notice a change. It occurs over time. Be patient, just think day to day, and those days will add up to months, and over months is when you will FEEL a change. Good luck!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    After a month you will start to see minor changes like clothes fitting a little better

29509743.png
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    about 25lbs-30lbs (3 weeks) before i went down a notch in my belt.
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Honestly .. I am at 31 pounds lost and I BARELY see a difference. It depends on where it comes off of you first. I swear all of my weight has come off my face, fingers and feet. its annoying. lol
  • chinook44
    chinook44 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I lost 12 pounds my first month ... and that was when I noticed a difference. Other people didn't notice until I lost over 20 pounds - guess they don't look too close :)
  • bigT24chiefs
    bigT24chiefs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Only notice a difference of shirts fitting over my belly. Lol but that's a blessing in itself. 29 pounds down right now
  • pippaw21
    pippaw21 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 15 lbs down and I don't see the difference in myself visually, except that I have noticed that you can occasionally see a bit of definition in my collarbone area (am still 240 - so it's only a hint of a collarbone but that's a big deal to me! Never had it before).

But I am several inches down too. I still wear the same clothes, they just fit looser. Jeans are belted and on increasingly smaller holes; I did have to buy new bras, but everything else is the same size or near enough to it that it doesn't bother me if things are a bit baggy etc. So because I haven't *had* to size down that feels like I haven't made progress I guess, and I can't see the difference because I have a long way to go!
  • Crewgrrl20
    Crewgrrl20 Posts: 1
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I started to get results in the first two weeks. I had gained ten pounds in about 6 months. My goal was to lose them. I lost 5 pounds in the first two weeks, but I was pretty hungry. I started pretty aggressively with a 200-400 daily calorie deficit for the first two weeks. I also got a fitbit to motivate me to move.

As I get closer to my goal, the pounds have come off more slowly. I eat more and track my diet less carefully sometimes. I'm still losing, just slower. Today, about 2 months in, I noticed a difference in my face. My cheekbones are more defined than I can remember seeing them.

Track your calories. Track you exercise (even if it is just walking for 30-45 minutes). Repeat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!