Staying within calories

Options
So... there's a lot going on about "eating all the calories, including the exercise ones". And people say they don't know how to eat all their calories.

Well, people, I do NOT have this problem! :angry: I could eat a horse a day - divided into potions, don't get me wrong. :laugh: So I wanted to hear: is there anyone around here who is at the edge of their calories at the end of a good day? I mean, someone who has to stop because they've reached their calories?

Oh, since I asked and maybe the other party had a peek :bigsmile: : what on earth do you people eat all day to stay so low? I mean, dark chocolate has a LOT of calories. Almonds have a LOT of calories. Rice has a LOT of calories. 1 banana is 100cal or more. Bread has a lot of calories. (someone stop me, please!) :smile:

Will stay tuned to see what you have to say. And please, someone tell me that they are also on the edge at the end of a day when they were hungry every so often. And someone punch me for shouting out loud when it's obvious that I can't be losing 2lbs a week when I'm bellow 130. :glasses:

Replies

• dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    So... there's a lot going on about "eating all the calories, including the exercise ones". And people say they don't know how to eat all their calories.

Well, people, I do NOT have this problem! :angry: I could eat a horse a day - divided into potions, don't get me wrong. :laugh: So I wanted to hear: is there anyone around here who is at the edge of their calories at the end of a good day? I mean, someone who has to stop because they've reached their calories?

Oh, since I asked and maybe the other party had a peek :bigsmile: : what on earth do you people eat all day to stay so low? I mean, dark chocolate has a LOT of calories. Almonds have a LOT of calories. Rice has a LOT of calories. 1 banana is 100cal or more. Bread has a lot of calories. (someone stop me, please!) :smile:

Will stay tuned to see what you have to say. And please, someone tell me that they are also on the edge at the end of a day when they were hungry every so often. And someone punch me for shouting out loud when it's obvious that I can't be losing 2lbs a week when I'm bellow 130. :glasses:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I get 1400 cals a day, I eat them all, I burn 100-500 exercise cals a day... I eat those too. I don't get the whole problem with eating all your calories... I think that many people that have trouble getting to 1200 cals in a day are eating a lot of veggies and no/low-cal foods and really neglecting their fat/carb and/or protein needs. :flowerforyou:
  • dewpearl
    Options
    Well, if I eat only veggies I am literally starving. I need to neutralize the acid in my stomach with something...
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Last week for the first time, I had a problem not eating all my calories. It was bizarre. I was also stressed and changing up meds. I blame it on that.

This weekend, my appetite returned. Eating like a starving pig. I typically eat +/- 100 calories of my daily goal. I don't beat myself up either way. I'm still losing weight, so it must work for me!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I eat ALL of my calories and I eat "normal" food.
    I do have to keep an eye on portions due to this fact though.
    Which I am fine with.
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have never had a problem eating all of my calories....usually I have a problem going over!!!

I find it hard to stay low on calories...I am hungry a lot.

I just need to work on what is real hunger and what is in my head.
  • luvlee884
    luvlee884 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I work out so I can eat more!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    My cals are set for 1200, if I don't exercise I always go over by a couple hundred or so which I think is okay since 1200 is too low. Usually I eat about 1400 which is a healthier amount anyway. I've never lost two pounds a week. It's a mental thing. I had my cals set at 1400 and would feel terrible but if I go over my 1200 I'm okay with it.
  • vanessadawn
    Options
    I hear you, right now my limit is 1200 but I have my off days (usually on the weekend when I like to have a beer or two lol). But I definitely never feel I have excess calories left over that I don't want to eat, I could eat my 1200 in just one meal lol! That's my biggest obstacle, my love for food! :bigsmile:
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    I usually stay within my cals, maybe go over by 50-80 or 100 every so often. But I would notice I'd start getting SUPER hungry late morninigs and late afternoons between meals! My nutritionist suggested upping my protein intake, but in moderation. So now I eat 7 - 12 natural almonds (unsalted) or I pair an apple or celery sticks with low-fat natural peanut butter (only 1 tablespoon). The pb really helps!
  • Lauren882
    Options
    I am so happy you posted this. Not eating all the calories - HA! I struggle everyday to stay in my range, you're not alone and I wish I had a good, inspiring message.
  • Tfitnesspal
    Options
    I am with you! My hunger level towards the end of the day dictates the length of my work outs. It's worth the extra 10-15 minutes for a nice coffee and a a cookie at the end of the day. :smile:
  • HealthyKt78
    Options
    Because I'm so over weight my calorie intake is suppose to be 1,840. I can't eat that much. And then with exercise it is impossible to eat that much. If mine was 1400 I wouldn't have much of a problem but as that isn't the case I can never get in all the calories.
  • rlh0614
    rlh0614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yes... the food I like to eat is bad and high in calories... I watch and am careful - but sometimes when your rushing and broke that piece of pizza at costco just works... I just supplement it with exercise. I usually don't go over the combined calories and I can eat the same stuff over and over... When I get sick of it.. I eat something different over and over. But you have to have protein. Peanut butter is a great filler.
  • dewpearl
    Options
    I am so happy you posted this. Not eating all the calories - HA! I struggle everyday to stay in my range, you're not alone and I wish I had a good, inspiring message.

Heh, you just did :wink:

Thanks, everyone, it feels better now :flowerforyou: (would be perfect if I weren't hungry, but I'll fill up with water :bigsmile: )