Back to the Office!

Options
Hi everyone! After telecommuting for 15 months, I recently accepted a new job (a promotion, yay!) that required me to come back to the office. I don't mind it, but after being back for almost a month, I'm realizing that both my eating and physical activity habits have gone out of whack. It's scary and I'm trying to nip it in the bud before it gets worse (I've lost 58 lbs but in the past four weeks have probably gained about 5 - no good!!!). As a side note, I also have my first half marathon this Sunday and realize that a bit of that wt gain could be due to the taper, but ultimately I know my issues go beyond that.

Sorry for the long backstory! Anyhow, I am curious to know what's working for all you in-office folk and tips and strategies you use to stay on track? Here's what I know works for me:

-Planning to bring in clothes to run/walk/do yoga in over the course of the day
-Meal planning (but interested to know from you all: what meals do you turn to for breakfast and lunch? which snacks?)

One thing that's tough is that I have a dog who is now home alone all day, so leaving earlier or staying out later immediately after work isn't really an option at this time. :( I am able to come back home, exercise her, and go back out - and I've done that - but I just can't leave her crated longer than she is already.

Sorry for the rambling... hope to hear from lots of you! Thank you! :)

Replies

• 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your promotion!!! Also on the 58lbs loss - AMAZING!!!

I would just keep logging, watch your food and check calories. I work in the office, so do thousands of people, don't less your progress change because of this, and put back on all the hard work you have done to get it off.

I would like you say prepare meals, bring in snacks to work. No biscuits, cakes, crisps, sweets etc.

Breakfast - I normally have one of those fruit & nut alpen porridge pots, or fage greek yoghurts with peanut butter.

Lunch - Pasta salad, sushi, wrap, anything I fancy really.

Snack - Fruit salad pot, chicken slices, cottage cheese, nuts, protein bars, peanut butter.

Dinner - Varies, could be chicken with vegetables, or if I have been to the gym scrambled eggs on toast - All depends how tired I am. If I meet a girlfriend we could eat out, That would be say a chicken & avocado salad, or Nandos

Try and up your protein I would say, and drink lots of water.

Good luck on your marathon - Sure your do amazing!!!!!
  • elana1987
    elana1987 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! Love the suggestions. The half went well. :)
  • ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I joined a facebook challenge group that keeps me motivated... lots of great ideas about planning, eating healthy and exercise are shared. Working full time is hard but it helps to have a great support group for accountability. Feel free to message me for more info if you would like. Working full time is hard but it helps to have a great support group for accountability. ankdworak
  • SWEETMAY84
    SWEETMAY84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    yayyy for promotions! I have a 8 to 5 job as well... log everything! by everything i mean I even log the butter mint I ate at a meeting! lol and exercise either before or after work (I run every evening, mornings don't work for me since I have two little ones to get ready for school!) I prep my meals in bulk on Sundays! don't be afraid of frozen veggies, they are easy to prep and already cut and ready to cook!, buy a bunch of chicken breasts, veggies and cook a bunch of meals that you can have ready to go in the morning!