Those lazy days...

In those days where you're just not feeling the energy to do anything, how do you push yourself through it? I've been dragging myself to the gym despite not really wanting to go, and get myself working by doing little deals with myself (if I workout hard for 15minutes I can go home and then another 15minutes and so forth). So what kinds of things do you do when you're really not feeling it?

Replies

• pjeanh
    pjeanh Posts: 4 Member
    The same as you! Usually I make it through and feel better. Music helps. Occasionally I'll take a day off. I'm not perfect by any means. Some days it will just be a quick walk. Anything is better than nothing!
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    I've been dragging myself to the gym despite not really wanting to go

You already answered your own question. If you're really not feeling it, sometimes you just have to do it anyway. :)

I find motivation isn't always trustworthy, but established habit is. I go to the gym out of habit, even on days I may not feel like doing it (illness as an exception of course). I go through phases where I find it boring and other phases where the motivation comes back. Some days I enjoy it more than others. The important thing is that it's an established habit, like doing the dishes or brushing your teeth. It doesn't even take much time during the day, as long as it's done on a regular basis.