Anyone having a hard time believeing it?

Options
Today I hit 8.6lbs lost, which doesn't really seem like much, but when I did my measurements, I've lost 3inches in my hips and 3 inches in my waist since I've started this journey 35 days ago. I can't see it, so I'm having a hard time believing that with only just under 9lbs lost, that I'm losing inches. 6 inches total! Seems so weird. The tape measure doesn't lie though, so it has to be true! Anyone else having hard time believing they're actually losing?

Replies

• anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I'm at around 18 lbs and, until this morning, yes. Then I saw that I had moved a notch on my belt without even noticing it.

It was a good morning
  • Nani53
    Nani53 Posts: 2
    Options
    That's wonderful!! Congratulations. I just started today and I hope to lose 20+ pounds. It's one day at a time. You're doing great, keep up the great work.
  • mariahruby
    mariahruby Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    yesss. i have lost ten as of today. and i feel like that is a significant amount, and i still think that i look the same. i don't have a tape measurer (sp?) or else i would try that. but, yeah.. i have the same problem.
  • superstarcola
    Options
    I do! I recently lost 3.3 pounds, and I had to weigh myself twice just to be sure.
    I also got into my "sort of" skinny jeans (haha half way to my real skinny jeans), so I guess I believed it then.

Congrats on the loss!!
  • Nani53
    Nani53 Posts: 2
    Options
    That's wonderful! Congratulations to you!
  • vickyplum
    vickyplum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi

I also have a hard time believing that the weight is coming off and I'm down alot
    and like you I hade to start measuring to see that it was coming off!!!

I hope the rest of your journey goes well
    good luck xx
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    My tape measure isn't as nice as yours...takes longer to move, but good for you!!:wink:
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Me!! I spend ages looking at old photos and comparing with now piccies - I don't have many people around me noticing any loss, so it's hard for me to see it or believe it. I did however live in complete denial for years before I started this journey, so obviously didn't see the weight going on either.
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I measured myself 4 times including re-zeroing the scale twice this morning before I actually believed that I'd crossed the 20 lbs lost mark.
  • smcclaycouffer
    smcclaycouffer Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've lost 24.2lbs and I still don't believe it because I don't see it. I think mine is more mental though. I have a friend that tells me I look great and how she can tell, but I think she's just being nice! =)
  • DylanFriesen
    Options
    Wow
    i hate you people who are just drama queens expecting sympathy from other users
    just shut up before you hit your period
  • Tracenspace
    Tracenspace Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've been meaning to pick up a tape measure!

Congrats to you! You're doing it! Believe it :)
  • DylanFriesen
    Options
    YOU GUYS ARE IDIOTS I SERIOUSLY HATE YOU ALL
    I WILL DESTROY YOU
    ARRTGHGHASGHKAWODGJASPDKFAL;SKDJF
    YOUR ALL SOOOO FAT
  • dtmwed
    dtmwed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I don't either. I still think I look exactly the same and my before picture was lost when my camera was stolen. People around me say they can see a difference though.
  • Melisha82
    Melisha82 Posts: 243
    Options
    Karen!!!! I'm so proud of you! It's crazy how you can't even see differences but you know things fit differently and the measurements go down.. Thta's why i'm so glad i took my own measurements because I wouldn't think I changed at all haha
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    Me too!! I have yet to cross the 10 lb mark, and I think, "OK, that's a good start but it's nothing noticeable." However, my used-to-be-just-a-little-loose jeans now FALL OFF (literally) and my used-to-be-just-a-little-tight capris are nearly too lose. I've been hesitant to break out the tape measure for a progress check (so far I've only done my initial measurements), but with your success story, maybe I'll find the guts to check! :) Way to go!!!
  • joshandstacy
    joshandstacy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Maybe you did muscle building type things... I was told by a trainer at the gym that muscle will add weight but you'll burn the fat. So you could have lost a bit of fat (as evident in the inches) but not have lost all the pounds because they are muscles. Muscles are good because they burn the fat! (this is all what the gym trainer told me at least)
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    I had some trouble believing it....5 weeks, 11 pounds, 8 total inches...I was like WHAT???? lol Hard for me to believe that 11 lbs could make such a big difference. I'm soooooo looking forward to the next 11!

Great job everyone!!!