losing too much weight in some places, not enough in others

Options
So far I've lost 35 pounds, but those pounds are coming off very disproportionately. My face is starting to look gaunt, my boobs have shrunk to almost nothing, and I'm starting to get skinny legs. However, I still have a big roll of fat around the middle (a smaller roll than before I started losing, but still a roll) and lots of fat on my butt. Anyone else have this problem or know how to overcome it? I have 13 pounds to go to reach my goal weight and I can't afford to lose any more off my face or I'm going to start looking awful!

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    its probably what you're eating.
    i heard turkey gives you a smaller waist
  • cupfanncbms
    cupfanncbms Posts: 101
    Options
    Jillian Michaels says to just keep at it. She says as some point, your trouble spots will just have to give.

Gosh, I hope she's right. I have a huge middle and butt too. In fact, my measurement day at the beginning of the month was going swell until she measured my big butt. I lost a half inch. That's it. Out of 16.5 total inches-one HALF AN INCH was from my butt.

Good luck!!
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Usually you lose weight in the opposite order that you put it on, that's just how it is. It happens to everyone in different places. I feel for you, My upper half is looking great, but I wish my legs would thin down. Unfortunately, genetics have a part to play, and there are some things that just may NOT be fixable (unless through surgery). I would take a look over your exercise routine and try to change it up, adding in strength training (if you don't already do so), or other different programs, to change your body up. Maybe you've just gotten accustomed to the same routine? Also, watch your diet, one of the keys to a flat stomach is DIET. Natural food, lean protein!

P.S. For the butt, look into lower leg exercises like squats. And have you considered taking up running?
  • cinnaben
    cinnaben Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I notice the most weigh loss from my boobs but my tummy won't go.
  • Jill_Clemmons
    Options
    I am not really overweight, but would like to get rid of some stomach fat and I still have a little bit of a muffin top. My arms were almost too thin, as I am small boned, but I found that taking a group weight lifting class helped them look a little larger.
  • cmbneeley
    cmbneeley Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    sometimes that's just where you are genetically predisposed to hold onto it. sucks, i know! but it'll have to give at some point. and while i know you can't "spot reduce," abs exercises can strengthen your core, give you better posture and improve your health in lots of ways. i talked with a trainer yesterday, and she said that sometimes, women don't really have that middle pouch, they just have really bad posture, and that abs exercises will strengthen the area, improve posture, and help you get rid of the pouch just because you learn to stand better. it was interesting-- i've been practicing better posture all day!
  • jdg1mfp
    jdg1mfp Posts: 103
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't choose where your fat loss will come from.
    Everyone's body is different and their fat stores are in different locations.
    What you describe doesn't seem unusual at all.
    Most people recognize weight loss earlier in the face and upper body.
    The mid-section is my problem.
    I am a poster model for the classic "beer belly".
    All that said, have you considered some weight training.
    Then you can control the shape of you body.
    I was told early on that when you diet you become just a smaller shape of what you already are but if you weight train you can mold into whatever you want to be.