VERY FUSTRATED!

kels67
kels67 Posts: 41
edited September 26 in Motivation and Support
So 60 days into MFP and only 6 pounds lost....I know i could be losing inches, well yes but only 4 total...I know i dont eat the greatest, but i know its not the worst i have seen on here. And i know i can improve in that department. I work out at least 4/5 days a week...I dont know what else to do.......Thought i would see more by now......Need any advice to keep me going!:frown:

Replies

• A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Do you mind opening up your diary, so we can see what you are eating? We can then help you.
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    6 pounds in 60 days is pretty awesome! I haven't lost any for three weeks so I know how you feel! Keep it up it will happen. Just give it time!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Definitely open up your diary and what kind of exercise are you doing? Maybe it's just not right for you?
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    If you are cutting your calories back in hopes to help you lose weight... then maybe try eating a little more... sometimes 1200 calories isn't enough for you body to feel safe losing weight.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    First I congratulate you for not waiting until you needed to lose a 100 lbs or more, say like me.

That's not all that bad at all. It comes out to .70 lbs per week. So in 20 weeks you are at your goal. I'm looking at more than a year and that is if I can maintain 2.3 lbs per week.

No reason for you to be frustrated. Keep up the good work.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    It'd also be helpful to have your height and weight. YOu might already be at your healthy weight. I'm probably 10-15 lbs overweight (but "healthy" BMI) and haven't really lost weight since last july though I count calories and work out. I am struggling too- eating 1100-1300 cals a day and working out and not losing weight. But when I was 45-50 lbs overweight, this 1200 cal plus exercise cals just melted the weight off.

When we are closer to our goal, we have to do something more than just 1200 cals and 20 mins exercise 5x's a week. What that is, I don't know. I don't have answers. But I'm just wondering if perhaps you are struggling because you haven't all that much to lose.

Alternatively, perhaps you are in starvation mode- when I was seriously overweight, I exercised and restricted my food and nothing happened. Then I would quit. It was because I wasn't eating enough for how much working out I was doing. So that could also be the problem. Or you could be eating things that have no calories but are high in chemicals that make you retain water or a toxic state- like diet soda. Aspartame is poison (IMHO) and is not a magic drink that'll make you thinner (stevia is ok, IMHO). Anwyays, those are my thoughts!

*edit* I just saw that you have 14 lbs to lose- I think we r in the same boat. If you figure out how to kick the last 15 let me know! My vision is I have to eat only non-processed low carb foods (vegetarian) and up my exercise to something a bit more than jogging 2 miles every day.....
  • acrawfo5
    acrawfo5 Posts: 1
    Try takeing some metabolism boasting vitamins like b-12. And make sure that your not OVER working your body so it doesnt go into starvation mode and store food (like a bear for the winter ;P) when your trying to loose it... dont be hungry, just make sure that your eating light and healthy when you are. And when you work out, make sure you FEEL the burn... not like 15 min on the tredmil walking. (not syaing that your not, but thats all i have and i've been doing abt 2-3 lbs a week).
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Stop being so hard on yourself and think about how well you've done so far! Six pounds in 60 days is nothing to sneeze at, especially see that your total loss goal is almost at it's halfway point. You're donig great!

Not sure what you're doing for work outs but add in strength training if you're not already doing that and try mixing it up (walk/run one day, bike the next, do intervals, etc)
  • Curry0724
    Curry0724 Posts: 51 Member
    Weight loss depends on a lot of things! It is nearly impossible to lose weight by exercise alone. Trust me, I know this all to well and still struggle with it daily! It is always shocking to use the food diary here on My Fitness Pal and see how many calories I really do eat in a day. Also, make sure that you change up your work-outs frequently! Your body will get used to the same routine being done the same day over and over. Dancing is a really good workout because it keeps your body guessing, where as running is the same motion over and over. But considering you have been going strong for almost 2 months, your body might be getting used to the workout. Overall though, I would say switch up the work-outs, keep track of what you eat, and stick with it!! 6 pounds is better than none for sure!!
  • slainger
    slainger Posts: 150 Member
    My suggestion is to be sure to eat ALL the calories you are allotted. And when you exercise, eat those calories too. Don't undercut yourself! If you are in the habit of eating the same thing everyday, you need to switch it up. If you don't want to eat your exercise calories everyday, then trade off and on with that. I don't always eat my exercise calories, but find I lose more weight when I do. Also be sure of what you are calculating your exercise calories to be. Maybe use a couple websites to compare. Don't count your normal everyday activities as exercise (cooking, cleaning, etc) unless it is out of the ordinary and vigorous. And above all, be honest about what you are eating, record everything, weigh and measure everything. If you don't have a good digital scale, it would be a good investment - especially for measuring your meats. I weigh anything that is recorded as ounces (cheese, meat, etc). Measure everything!! I can't stress that enough!

I've only been on MFP since 2/17/11 and I lost 25 in 2 months. I hope some of this is helpful! Good luck!!
  • jazgal
    jazgal Posts: 122
    As others have told you .. so many variables .. height, weight, body type ... hidden sugars, when you eat, when you exercise ... and trying different things to see what your body does best on .. some do better with more carbs others do better with more protein ..

the good thing is you have lost weight verses gaining weight ... that is a win situation ... Best to you
  • kels67
    My CW is 184 my GW is 170. I work out 4 day on my Ea Active more workout (6 wk challange) So its strength and cardio, and every workout is different. If time allows i walk 1 to 3 nights with our three dogs....(about 1.5 miles) and i ride hunter/jumper for an hour once a week
  • haileyco
    haileyco Posts: 68
    I know you must feel frustrated, but don't give up. Be sure you are keeping hydrated and if you are doing weight training you can be replacing fat with muscle and not losing actual weight, but loss of fat is equally as important. Hang in there! :flowerforyou:
  • kels67
    Thanks for the replies but i still am in the same boat. 80 days in and i still only have lost 7lbs. I just am a bit frustrated and ready to give up:frown:
  • emmajane_2288
    emmajane_2288 Posts: 132 Member
    Be more honest with yourself.

You say you arent 'eating the great'est' but why not? Dieting takes a lot of effort! I was like you after the first 3 weeks, I had only lost about 1-2lbs.. I then checked my food diary and on not ONE of the days was I under my goal! When I got it under, then I saw some results.
    Try eating less calories, and making better food choices! Hopefully then you will see results!
  • kels67
    I do have my days that i have gone over on my cals but not every day. And i do log everything, every little bite.
  • theresa7576
    theresa7576 Posts: 46 Member
    It is very hard to stay motivated!! Why do you think there are diet "pills" cause everyone wants a quick easy fix. Not saying this is you.. but just saying that if it were easy, everyone would be thin and diet food wouldn't be a billion dollar industry. Try changing up the type of excercise you do, surprise your body... and try to stay focused on the big picture. I was all excited cause I was finally losing and then on a day I felt good got on the scale and saw I gained a couple back. Sure I wanted to eat myself a pity party.. but I realize it is a hiccup in the whole process.

*HUGS*
  • kels67
    I know there is no quick fix, and i totally understand that. I just thought by now i would have seen the scale move just a little more than it has. A couple of years ago i did lost 20lbs in three months, and i think thats another reason why i am so fustrated.
This discussion has been closed.