I have started something new and need advice!!!!

Options
I recently bought a Gazelle you know from Tony Little, well I happen to love it!!! I have found myself on it for a long time each night. Okay so here is my question, How much is too much at one time? I will be on it for 2 hours some nights, is that bad. I was on it last night for 2 hours while I was talking on the phone and watching TV. I worked up quite a sweat, but on some nights I really don't get a good sweat going. Does that mean I am not working as hard and not burning as much calories? I was almost at a run for most of the 2 hours last night. and does talking on the phone and watching TV distract you to a point that I am really not getting a good work out? One of my co workers says that if you watch TV you are not concentrating and you are not working as hard, I disagree and say it is better than sitting on the couch and watching TV. I sometimes get lost in the show I am watching and forget how long I have been on it.

Replies

• monica5237
    Options
    I recently bought a Gazelle you know from Tony Little, well I happen to love it!!! I have found myself on it for a long time each night. Okay so here is my question, How much is too much at one time? I will be on it for 2 hours some nights, is that bad. I was on it last night for 2 hours while I was talking on the phone and watching TV. I worked up quite a sweat, but on some nights I really don't get a good sweat going. Does that mean I am not working as hard and not burning as much calories? I was almost at a run for most of the 2 hours last night. and does talking on the phone and watching TV distract you to a point that I am really not getting a good work out? One of my co workers says that if you watch TV you are not concentrating and you are not working as hard, I disagree and say it is better than sitting on the couch and watching TV. I sometimes get lost in the show I am watching and forget how long I have been on it.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I believe that anytime you are up and moving around, it's good for you, and better than sitting and doing nothing. And as long as you are not straining or hurting yourself, two hours probably isn't too much. Just listen to your body!:flowerforyou:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    heres my take

if you work out at a lower entensity, there is a higher % of those calories comes from fat.. witch is good. but your not getting the cardio part of thing... so i would do both

so once in a while a would give it a good go and raise your heart rate to your max ...

im no expect.. cant wait to see what other people say as well.. because i like to work out at a low intensity for long times as well..
  • rudyann
    Options
    As long as you feel okay just listen to your body.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    as long as you're eating back your exercise calories. Just be careful, too, not to overdue at the beginning. You could hurt yourself doing too much too soon.
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    you could up the intersity to 7-9 rpe during the commerial breaks then cruise during the show.....

just an idea.:wink:
  • monica5237
    Options
    you could up the intersity to 7-9 rpe during the commerial breaks then cruise during the show.....

just an idea.:wink:

That is a great Idea! I have started to lean back and forth more and it gets me more of an intese work out. I was on it for 2 hours this past friday night. I WAS sweating my butt off afterthat one :grumble: