What to eat when you are tired

Options
2»

Replies

• TRD66
    TRD66 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the helpful suggestions.

My lunch is fairly balanced with a meat sandwich, some fruit, a babybel. I'm not really a tea drinker either (as someone asked), but apples and water, as well as walk round the office are simple and easy to do. I'll give that a go next time. I'll also look into the dark chocolate as I'll be back to my running next week, and I'll have more calories to play with.

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    fitcrt wrote: »
    Maybe also look at what you are eating for lunch which may be making you feel tired & switch to a lunch that will make you feel energized - like a salad with protein.

This......I do the same at home or where ever after carb heavy lunch.Maybe a can of tuna & a slice of cheese? Lettuce wraps with a slice of thin ham? Trying sticking with proten only.

• habit365
    habit365 Posts: 174
    Options
    Emergen-C gives me a nice boost if I need one. If you don't dilute it too much, it tastes kind of like Tang. :D
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Patttience wrote: »
    If you are trying to lose weight, i hardly think that eating chocolate is sound advice.

If it fits your macros - and it works why is it NOT sound advice???? It may mean swapping some other food out to hit the numbers . . . but . . . "Good Food/Bad food is bad information!! Grrrrrrrrrr Pattttience indeed.

Yeah, IIFYM. I've lost 65 pounds, and I have a piece of chocolate everyday. There are no inherently good/bad foods, nor foods you should avoid (unless medically necessary). There may be some foods that are more nutritious than others, but you don't have to avoid those that some people normally see as bad or junk.
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    avacado
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Bananas!!
  • bohoT
    bohoT Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Blue diamond makes cinnamon sugar almonds that are sweet but not as high in sugar. That and a diet pop or coffee will usually hit the spot for me.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    look at your net calories for the day… if they are low.. you are most likely drained due to lack of nutrients. I noticed that myself after exercising…and realizing i was in the negative halfway through the day.

I could feel myself come back to life.. when i drank a South Beach protein drink (100 calories).. I was at the store when i started sinking and fast.. just bought it out of desperation and was amazed at how i felt better immediately. I think it was the protein in the drink. Now i pay attention to net calories and make sure i eat to recover..