fill my grocery cart plz

Options
Ok I am going by the store on my way home from work and need some ideas of good things to have around for munchies, snacks etc. I kinda know what I need to get for main meals but looking for any ideas to keep variety and are low calorie. suggestions.... :happy:

Replies

• LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I like sugar free jello. 10 calories a serving. Yoplait thick and creamy yogurt ...all sorts of flavors
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    rice cakes, hummus, fruit, walnuts, pistachios, almonds
  • dbcja
    dbcja Posts: 54
    Options
    Lots of fruit, some sort of plain, low cal biscut for when you need that something sweet,
  • posse121
    posse121 Posts: 4
    Options
    Low fat cottage cheese, string cheese, cucumbers, grapes, bananas, apples, low fat yogurt, pretzels, nutrigrain bars, celery and low fat peanut butter, carrots, mini bags of popcorn, I could go on and on.....good luck
  • MeAfter30
    MeAfter30 Posts: 129
    Options
    My favorite low cal snack in air popped popcorn spritzed with I can't believe it's not butter spray.
  • swycoff17
    swycoff17 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Fruit, string cheese, beef jerky, jello, and pumpkin seeds are my favorites
  • mes1921
    mes1921 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    cheese sticks, carrots, apples, pita chips and hummus, special k crackers and cheese, 100 calorie instant oatmeal, greek yogurt (chobani or oikos are amazing), applesauce cups, etc.
  • oreyna49
    oreyna49 Posts: 152
    Options
    Small apples, almonds, nautures own whole wheat sandwich rounds, simply jif peanut butter, skim milk, frozen strawberries & blueberries, protein powder, egg beaters, veggies....wait that's my list...lol
  • ratkins811
    ratkins811 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    thanks for all of the ideas. Is melba toast low carb?
  • katemarjoram
    Options
    Frozen raspberries - 8 grams of fibre per cup. So yummy with a little low fat yoghurt over the top for a healthy yet low calorie dessert.
  • ratkins811
    Options
    this is wonderful thank you, thank you, thank you. I knew y'all would have great ideas!!!!!!!!!!
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    My favorites lately have been cocoa roast almonds, fiber one bars, oranges (good with the chocolate almonds), and apples with laughing cow cheese. Also a new fan of bagel thins, and hummus is a great standby. Will be interested to get some more snack ideas too!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    If you have main type items then how about some of these.....

gram crackers....check out the cals
    salsa....low cals...tasty and an inexpensive treat. I dip califlower, celery and other veggies in salsa
    popcorn....air popped of course
    rice cakes...lots of flavors out there
    veggetarian refried beans...mix with some salsa for a great veggie dip
    tuna tuna tuna....I use tuna often as it is low in cals and high in protein

I look forward to reading other posts....:)
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi ....I love the emerald cocoa roast almonds in the 100 calorie packs. They satisfy my sweet tooth so good:) Also greek yogurt is divine....I love athenos blueberry (100 calories, 11 gms protein), grapes, bananas, apples or whatever fruit you like, fresh carrot and celery sticks, almond milk for that protein shake. Kashi cereals are perfect for a snack and very filling because they are packed with protein and fiber! Good luck to you:)
  • CiCiSlim
    CiCiSlim Posts: 36
    Options
    Apples with natural peanut butter is one of my favorite snacks. As for meals, try chicken breast with tomatoes and onions and lime and have black beans and basmati rice for sides.
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Smart wheat bread, soy milk/almond milk, Low fat yogurt, greek yogurt, high fiber cereals, oatmeal, any fruits you like, almonds, walnuts, veggies! spinach, carrots, peppers, cucumbers and those kinds(:

I be sure to ALWAYS have those things around the house.
  • Katsiskr
    Katsiskr Posts: 2
    Options
    Orville Redenbocker Smartpop mini bags (100 calorie per bag), Special K cereal bars (90 calories each), Nabisco Fruit Crisps (100 calories for two) and Special K Cracker Chips (30 chips 110 calories), etc.
  • ratkins811
    Options
    Thanks again.. I was wondering what is the difference between greek yogart and reg?
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    thanks for all of the ideas. Is melba toast low carb?

melba toast is low carb for the amount of calories... also try WASA crackers! they ROCK and each one is like 30 calories or something like that. you find them next to the melba toast.
  • nutmegh
    nutmegh Posts: 4
    Options
    Blueberries + Honey nut cheerio's!